ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Identity Document' for Child born in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

'Identity Document' for Child born in the UK

Post by Imm2021 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:09 pm

Hello,

I am about to complete the application to register my daughter as UK Citizen. She is 5 yrs old.

My question is this: in the list of documents that we're meant to submit, there is one that reads as follows:

"If (the applicant) has a passport then provide this with your application. If (the applicant) does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card."

So, does any one have any suggestions? Is this an absolute requirement? She does not have any "officially-issued" ID. She's five. Her UK passport would be her first ID.

Thanks for any info about this.

Best regards,

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 'Identity Document' for Child born in the UK

Post by Ticktack » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:12 pm

Imm2021 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:09 pm
Hello,

I am about to complete the application to register my daughter as UK Citizen. She is 5 yrs old.

My question is this: in the list of documents that we're meant to submit, there is one that reads as follows:

"If (the applicant) has a passport then provide this with your application. If (the applicant) does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card."

So, does any one have any suggestions? Is this an absolute requirement? She does not have any "officially-issued" ID. She's five. Her UK passport would be her first ID.

Thanks for any info about this.

Best regards,
This requirement would be for person born outside the UK. As they would have needed a valid travel ID to travel officially/legally to the UK. UK born persons aren't required to have. "If" is the keyword here.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:46 pm

The nearest to a UK identity document is the birth certificate.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:11 pm

Thank you for your replies.

Indeed. The way it is written implies that it is only in case an ID/passport is available.

Someone also suggested we could try to use the vaccination book if they ask us for the ID.

We shall see.