ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment letter for spouse settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ela27

Employment letter for spouse settlement visa

Post by ela27 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:22 am

I recently (October) just took up new permanent employment as a civil servant. We are applying for my husbands settlement spouse visa in a week (kenya) and I have covered basically everything (see earlier posts) just a question regarding my employment - I have my letter of established appointment and statement of particulars for permanent employment (which I received just before starting) and 2 wage slips (along with 4 months temporary employement before this). Do I need anything else to show my employment - people mention a letter from employer in supporting evidence - is my letter of appointment correct? Or should I contact HR and ask for some other type of letter? Please help

RiFF

Re: Employment letter for spouse settlement visa

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:06 pm

ela27 wrote:I recently (October) just took up new permanent employment as a civil servant. We are applying for my husbands settlement spouse visa in a week (kenya) and I have covered basically everything (see earlier posts) just a question regarding my employment - I have my letter of established appointment and statement of particulars for permanent employment (which I received just before starting) and 2 wage slips (along with 4 months temporary employement before this). Do I need anything else to show my employment - people mention a letter from employer in supporting evidence - is my letter of appointment correct? Or should I contact HR and ask for some other type of letter? Please help
Your letter of appointment should be quite enough.
Skeptic

ela27

Post by ela27 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks!!

Am I getting OVER paranoid about this? Or is there no limit to how paranoid you can get about absolutely everything cos of some of the things i read on here!? It's a tricky one, but I'm just keeping all my toes and fingers crossed cos 4 months is a horrible amount of time to go without seeing my husband (and I appreciate people on here go through worse!)

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Good luck with the application
Skeptic