ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit statements as Proof of 5 years residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bash_
Syria

Re: Do you have a valid identity card? Question

Post by Bash_ » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:23 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:05 pm
Applying for naturalisation as a refugee here. I had my national identity card from my home country (internal passport) but when I sent it in support of my Travel Documents application Home Office never returned it to me. I happened to have a copy of it though because I believe Home Office gave me copies of all documents during my asylum application. However if I answer Yes and provide details for it using that photocopy I then get it in the list of the documents that need to be scanned/submitted. It says: Identity Card. So technically I have it and I guess I could requested from the Home Office but I am at the same time not in possession of it. Hence it is confusing to me. So should I answer Yes (and provide it's number) or just simply No?
Just state that you have a copy, scan and upload it with your docs. Put a note that the original is kept with the Home office when applying for a TD. They know the process.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Re: Do you have a valid identity card? Question

Post by OneTrickPony » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:43 am

Thank you!

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Universal Credit statements as Proof of 5 years residence

Post by OneTrickPony » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:53 pm

I'm on universal credit right now and I am aplying for naturalization citizenship need to prove 5 years of residency. Although they did not request it specifically but my last travel in my Travel Docs was in 2016 (so 6 years ago really). Therefore I decided to strengthen my application by showing them I claimed universal credit in the UK. I have been claiming for the last 3 years and I have some 36 statements for every months starting from 2019. So should I upload all of the statrements? A statement for every months? Or just one for every year is enough? Anyone has experience in this? I also provided them with some job references from the agencies I sined up with and past employers but those are mostly temp work agencies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Universal Credit statements as Proof of 5 years residence

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 pm

Do NOT submit a whole bunch of irrelevant documents. None of these are required as proof of residence!!

Also please stop starting a new topic for every single question you have!! Stick to one topic, this one where all your single posts and topics have been merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Post by OneTrickPony » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:12 am

well if those are irrelevant then which ones are? and what will happen if I submit them? I read somewhere that you should submit a many as you can.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:22 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:12 am
well if those are irrelevant then which ones are? and what will happen if I submit them? I read somewhere that you should submit a many as you can.
You read incorrectly. Submitting tons of irrelevant documents delays your application process. if you choose to submit them, they will simply be ignored and disregarded.

You only need to submit your travel documents as you have already been advised when you asked this previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.