ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa App - Pakistan, Islamabad - Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naz08
Member of Standing

Spouse Visa App - Pakistan, Islamabad - Help

Post by naz08 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:35 am

Hey guys i need help right my husband submitted his app on the 11 sept 08 and it it now week 11, i have yet to hear anything, i emailed the BHC on Friday they replyd sayn that no decision has been made , but the email was the same email they sent before word by word, nothing new on it, it is meant to take this long? i have heard sum people have had the visa issued within 10 weeks. why is it taking this long for them to get back to us, husband rings neaarly every 2 days they tell him wait a few more days max, but so far nothing, the status online never changes, is there any one here in the uk that i can contact to get more information regading the app. he went down to the VAC and the guys there told him last week it would take a few days max and someone will call him on friday but nope no one did.

Can anyone help me? what should i do? pleaese any1 have any ideas? or should i just wait a little bit longer? n see wah happens

RiFF

Re: Spouse Visa App - Pakistan, Islamabad - Help

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:20 pm

naz08 wrote:Hey guys i need help right my husband submitted his app on the 11 sept 08 and it it now week 11, i have yet to hear anything, i emailed the BHC on Friday they replyd sayn that no decision has been made , but the email was the same email they sent before word by word, nothing new on it, it is meant to take this long? i have heard sum people have had the visa issued within 10 weeks. why is it taking this long for them to get back to us, husband rings neaarly every 2 days they tell him wait a few more days max, but so far nothing, the status online never changes, is there any one here in the uk that i can contact to get more information regading the app. he went down to the VAC and the guys there told him last week it would take a few days max and someone will call him on friday but nope no one did.

Can anyone help me? what should i do? pleaese any1 have any ideas? or should i just wait a little bit longer? n see wah happens
First of all, the time frame technically for return of application is 12 weeks, so unfortunately, you cant point a finger at anybody for another week at least.

I would advise getting hold of your MP and get a letter written as well as emailed. You will be surprised how quickly they reply to your MP.

Secondly, all applications submitted between 10th Sept and 10th Oct have been subject to delays due to a computer breakdown, as per the BHC website.

Third, The BHC is in the process of moving to Dubai anyway, adding to the delay.

So, I think you just need to be patient. It depends a lot on the ECO and the Casework team assigned to your case as well.

Best of Luck.
Skeptic