ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Visa overstay.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zzzindagi

Visitors Visa overstay.

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:36 pm

I have a question please.

If your invite/sponsor someone to visit you in the UK for a month.

If the visitor overstays, would the sponsor be affected in any way?

I'm referring about things like whether he must pay a fine, loses the ability to invite others in the future, or faces any other penalties.
ZR

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitors Visa overstay.

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:30 pm

zzzindagi wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:36 pm
I have a question please.

If your invite/sponsor someone to visit you in the UK for a month.

If the visitor overstays, would the sponsor be affected in any way?

I'm referring about things like whether he must pay a fine, loses the ability to invite others in the future, or faces any other penalties.
If you are thinking about the person you are inviting in such lights prior the application, assume that there are consequences for the sponsor as you outlined and more then decide by yourself if it's worth it.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Visitors Visa overstay.

Post by THO » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:27 am

This topic has been asked before, where the sponsor almost knew that the visitor would not return. If you know that he is unlikely to return, then you are aiding and abetting a crime, so steer well clear.