ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Refused...[Detailed one...do read]

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stone
Newly Registered

EC Refused...[Detailed one...do read]

Post by stone » Tue May 24, 2005 7:53 am

Dear All, couple of days back my EC was refused after an interview at Islamabad High commission...I urge you to read the following and provide me with your opinions.

The visa officer mentioned three reasons for refusal. It stated...

1) You (i.e. Me) stated that you have 9000 GBP. You showed that you have three bank accounts...however local check of two of your bank accounts revealed that in one account you have 2 GBP and in second you have 78 GBP...i.e. total 80 GBP...which is not sufficient to sustain you and your family....

2) You stated that you have two places where you can reside...but you showed only a typed letter from one of them which is not sufficient.

3) On earlier question during interview you stated that you are shortlisted to interviewing stage in jobs search but later you said that you are not short listed....

Therefore I am not satifisfied......

They handed over me with some forms to reappeal if i don't like the decison....

Now my points of view are ....
1) There is a clear misunderstanding in the bank statement case. I have three bank accounts...
in one.................. X-Bank...I had 5,60,000 Pak Rs [almost 5000 GBP]
in second.............Y-Bank [My wife's bank] she had 4,00,000 [3500 GBP]
in third................our joint account...........it had only Rs 280 i.e. 2 GBP

The balance in the third one is very little but there were transactions in it.......We used this account to sell and buy shares.....so it had transactions in it + it had about 1000 GBP in it when I applied ...but later I took money out of it....so now it had only 280 Rs.

Now the climax........in my first account i.e. X-Bank I had 5,60,000 in it but they showed I had only 7000...............................................................................................
It was just unacceptable.....I told the person to redo the inquiry....IT CANNOT BE THE CASE.................[ here i should mention...that mine is a fair case and I did not produce any false bank statement....]
Either they checked some other account or what happened....I don't know...
Another thing that came in my mind was that in my account say account # 12345-0010 [Current account] there is another mine say account #
12344-0030 [Saving one].........................I thought probably they checked the saving one.....but in this morning I went to the bank and in my current account I have 5,65000 and in second I have 28000....None of these accounts have 7000 in it.............this is a clear misunderstanding.
Finally they did not mention anything about my wife's account?

Now coming to the second objection....it is right I produced only one typed + signed letter from my cousin....actually he was in pakistan when i was applying so I was able to get the letter signed by him....but I only mentioned the second one...and did not produce any evidence from him....
Actually...I did not consult any consultant...I only went through this forum and by reading different listings....I was of the view that I should produce only a letter of invitation....so I did...but????

Regarding third point....I was simply misunderstood...I only stated that I have been selected to second stage of the recruitment process....later he asked me whether you have an interview call I said no.......

So this is what happened to me....Overall the interview guy was nice and decent...I was comfortable during the interview as well...but the result is what which is not expeced...Initially I was disappointed...but now I think there would something good associated with it that I don't know....
Now you people who have taken time to read all of this mail...plz suggest me what should I do....whether I reapply....and what documents should I present....More importantly tell me how much time this new procedure will take....
Finally...I wrote this one to let all know another permutation of the case....In my opinion....for immigration purpose they consider two points very carefully...i) you have funds ii) you have accomodation.

Thanx in advance

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue May 24, 2005 8:38 am

has embassy made any checks or confirmations of accomodation from your cousin?

What was written in the letter from your cousin?

stone
Newly Registered

Post by stone » Tue May 24, 2005 8:48 am

no they did not make any such checks...[or atleast they did not mention]. they also wrote that we asked him (me) to provide them the evidence which he failed to do.....

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue May 24, 2005 9:28 am

No need to appeal - it takes a long time.

Re-apply with correct authentic bank statements with sufficienbt funds and show proof of accomodation (evidence please!)
Where there is a will there is a way.

Talha

Post by Talha » Tue May 24, 2005 5:47 pm

3) On earlier question during interview you stated that you are shortlisted to interviewing stage in jobs search but later you said that you are not short listed....
It doesnt make any sense as this is the sole purpose of HSMP program to enable people to work in the UK without having a job. Otherwise WP was already in place that requires a job.

I feel that you have made the officer suspicous by providing unnecessary and confusing details.

Just apply fresh and go to the point.

btter luck next time!

stone
Newly Registered

Post by stone » Wed May 25, 2005 7:03 am

Ok I am seriously considering reapplying...plz help me out in this....

1) Should I explain to them what happened in the first case and how this application is different from the first one.

2) I am afraid that they might say that since it is refused then you should MAKE APPEAL instead of REAPPLYING....

Plz advice