ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional Document Time Frame not mentioned !!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mshakeel2002
United States of America

PASSPORT additional Documents Where?

Post by mshakeel2002 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:48 am

Hello:
I submitted my Son`s Passport application at Karachi VFS (Pakistan). since i am British and he got birth in Pakistan.

after 4 months now they want some additional documents. can you please tell me do i simply take these documents to VFS again or how do i give it to them?

"You must take any additional documentation along with a copy of this letter, to the overseas
Local Service post that you originally submitted your (or your child's) application to. It will then be
forwarded to His Majesty's Passport Office in the UK.
Please note: you do not need to make an appointment to submit additional documents within
Local Service operational hours."

thats what it says on the letter at the bottom. what is "the overseas Local Service post"?.

Please help. thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: PASSPORT additional Documents Where?

Post by Ticktack » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:00 am

mshakeel2002 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:48 am
Hello:
I submitted my Son`s Passport application at Karachi VFS (Pakistan). since i am British and he got birth in Pakistan.

after 4 months now they want some additional documents. can you please tell me do i simply take these documents to VFS again or how do i give it to them?

"You must take any additional documentation along with a copy of this letter, to the overseas
Local Service post that you originally submitted your (or your child's) application to. It will then be
forwarded to His Majesty's Passport Office in the UK.
Please note: you do not need to make an appointment to submit additional documents within
Local Service operational hours."

thats what it says on the letter at the bottom. what is "the overseas Local Service post"?.

Please help. thanks
In your case, that would be Karachi VFS (Pakistan).

the overseas
Local Service post that you originally submitted your (or your child's) application to.

The highlighted above is clear as day where they've asked you to go.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Additional Document Time Frame not mentioned !!

Post by mshakeel2002 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:56 pm

Hello:

I am applying for my son`s British passport from overseas, as he got birth outside UK. they have not mentioned in the letter about time frame within which i need to send documents and i am worried it might take me 2 -3 weeks before i am able to gather these documents.

Can you please help me if there is any time frame, or do i have to send documents within certain days.

Thanks
Muhammad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Additional Document Time Frame not mentioned !!

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:58 pm

Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question on the same application.

You should submit them as soon as possible. What have they asked for exactly??

It is impossible for anyone on the forum to tell you as we don' necessarily know. If in doubt, phone HMPO and ask them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Post by mshakeel2002 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:56 pm

Hello:

They have asked for All the passports parents had at the time of conceiving the baby.

My Wife had Pakistani Passport, and she is not British but i had Pakistani passport as well as British Passport at that time.... if i supply them My Pakistani Passport along with my British Passport what complications can it bring, or does it create any difference on my sons British nationality for Father being Dual National. (Baby was born overseas)

Please help. thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:30 am

mshakeel2002 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:56 pm
Hello:

They have asked for All the passports parents had at the time of conceiving the baby.

My Wife had Pakistani Passport, and she is not British but i had Pakistani passport as well as British Passport at that time.... if i supply them My Pakistani Passport along with my British Passport what complications can it bring, or does it create any difference on my sons British nationality for Father being Dual National. (Baby was born overseas)

Please help. thanks
How could that create any complications? You had to submit your Pakistani passport when you applied for a British passport, so the HO already know what passports you have.

A lot of Brits are dual nationals. So stop overthinking the process.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!