ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

English Language Test B1

Post by Sam1199 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:40 pm

Hi,

My wife passed English Language B1 test in June 2019 for ILR. In October 2019, she received her ILR.

She is now planning to apply for British citizenship, I have checked from the government guidance notes which state the following;

‘If you successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of a B1 level qualification, you would meet the English language requirement for naturalisation and do not have to pass another test’

Her B1 test was valid for 2 years, so in theory it expired in June 2021. In this case, would it be still valid to apply for British citizenship?

Thanks,
Sam

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English Language Test B1

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Yes still valid if used for ILR previously.
Only expires if it wasn’t used for an immigration application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: English Language Test B1

Post by Sam1199 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Yes, that makes sense.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Cheers,
Sam

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Documents for citizenship application

Post by Sam1199 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:54 pm

Hi,

My wife is applying for citizenship. All the required documents have been uploaded on ukvcas as per the checklist provided by ukvi.

Required evidence
1. The passport issued by home country. Uploaded ✅
2. B1 English language certificate. Uploaded ✅
3. Marriage certificate. Uploaded ✅
4. Two referee declarations. Uploaded ✅
5. British spouse passport. Uploaded ✅
6. ILR biometric card. Uploaded ✅

7. Proof of living in the UK for for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen. If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.
My wife is Non-EEA national. I understand they want to see just the passport to prove proof of living. I am wondering if I should also provide them tenancy agreements and council tax for the last 3 years to show this as an extra evidence or will these be irrelevant and just the passport will be enough?

Thanks in advance.
Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:06 pm

Topics merged!
I am wondering if I should also provide them tenancy agreements and council tax for the last 3 years to show this as an extra evidence

No!
or will these be irrelevant and just the passport will be enough?
Yes.

Submit only what is required. Not what you think might be needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Thank you 🙏🏿

Cheers,
Sam

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:21 pm

Just did a silly mistake 😳😢 submitting application. My wife had biometric appointment today, the referee deceleration form that we scanned has photo of my wife with referee’s name, signature and date. However, the name of applicant bit was left blank.

The appointment was today, can I upload referee document again on ukvcas that now has a name written? If yes, do I need to inform them about this change ? Please advise, so worried 😟

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:09 am

Just to update that the photo attached on the referee declaration form had name and date of birth on it.

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:23 am

Or shall I contact ukvi to send them corrected scanned declaration form ? … please advise

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:45 am

Sam1199 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:21 pm
Just did a silly mistake 😳😢 submitting application. My wife had biometric appointment today, the referee deceleration form that we scanned has photo of my wife with referee’s name, signature and date. However, the name of applicant bit was left blank.

The appointment was today, can I upload referee document again on ukvcas that now has a name written? If yes, do I need to inform them about this change ? Please advise, so worried 😟
Nothing uploaded after biometrics would be considered. All you can do now is wait. If they feel it's a problem, you would be contacted and requested to sort it out. If they can carry on without you making amends, then they would. Application is now in "no man's land".
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!