ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) advice needed on 4 Questions on the Form please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MubashirHussain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) advice needed on 4 Questions on the Form please

Post by MubashirHussain » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:49 am

Dear valued forum members,

I hope you are well. I need your help/advice on answering a couple of questions on the FRL (M) form for my wife's ILR application. Keeping this post short, the questions I am not sure how to answer them, are listed below but have listed the possible answers with their rationales. Could you please advise.

1. Has your partner previously been sponsored as as a partner of a settled person? I believe this questions should be answered Yes, because I was granted permanent residence under EEA route, as my ex-wife was an EEA National but was settled in the UK. Please advise if you agree with my answer or not?

2. How long have you lived in the UK? I believe my wife should answer it as 4 years and 11 moths because she is applying within 28 days of her completing the 60 month time in the UK. Please advise if the answer to this question should be 5 years and 0 months

3. Living together outside - Answer should be No because my work life, family life, home is in the UK. my eldest child goes to school in the UK. Mr brother, brother in law and sister in law live in the UK so we have a family life in the UK and therefore we cannot go live elsewhere. I have lived in the UK for 20 years now.

4. Where have you lived with your partner in the past 2 years? I am not sure why it says address is required for the past 2 years because my wife was granted 30 months leave last time when she applied for an extension of her leave to remain. Now should she not be providing addresses and proof of the addresses covering the past 2.5 years.

I thank you all for your time. Asking your opinion for my peace of mind as I am not sure if the answers I chose above, are correct or not.

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) advice needed on 4 Questions on the Form please

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:23 am

MubashirHussain wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:49 am
Dear valued forum members,

I hope you are well. I need your help/advice on answering a couple of questions on the FRL (M) form for my wife's ILR application. Keeping this post short, the questions I am not sure how to answer them, are listed below but have listed the possible answers with their rationales. Could you please advise.

1. Has your partner previously been sponsored as as a partner of a settled person? I believe this questions should be answered Yes, because I was granted permanent residence under EEA route, as my ex-wife was an EEA National but was settled in the UK. Please advise if you agree with my answer or not? Yes

2. How long have you lived in the UK? I believe my wife should answer it as 4 years and 11 moths because she is applying within 28 days of her completing the 60 month time in the UK. Please advise if the answer to this question should be 5 years and 0 months just write 5years

3. Living together outside - Answer should be No because my work life, family life, home is in the UK. my eldest child goes to school in the UK. Mr brother, brother in law and sister in law live in the UK so we have a family life in the UK and therefore we cannot go live elsewhere. I have lived in the UK for 20 years now. Correct

4. Where have you lived with your partner in the past 2 years? I am not sure why it says address is required for the past 2 years because my wife was granted 30 months leave last time when she applied for an extension of her leave to remain. Now should she not be providing addresses and proof of the addresses covering the past 2.5 years. Not a trick question, just answer as it is.

I thank you all for your time. Asking your opinion for my peace of mind as I am not sure if the answers I chose above, are correct or not.

Many thanks

MubashirHussain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MubashirHussain » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:08 am

Thanks very much for the answers AmazonianX.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:58 pm

For an ILR application you should not be completing a FLR form.