ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visitor Visa Brit to albanian

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ukgal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marriage visitor Visa Brit to albanian

Post by Ukgal » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:03 am

Hello everyone,
Im a British citizen and currently living in Greece for the past 5 years with my now fiance who is Albanian. He is there legally too.
I am pregnant and we have decided its best for me to give birth back in UK. For him to be there at the birth- which is 3 months away I should add, we thought of applying for a 'marriage visitor visa' to the UK, as it will make it easier when it comes to registering our child in Greece and eventually in Albania if we are married. (The Uk are more laid back with unmarried couples having kids, Greece and Albania not so much.)

Now the marriage visa seems pretty straight forward process and we have enquired with a lawyer who is confident with our case but one document has confused my partner and I, the albanian version of a 'certifcate of no impediment'. We cant find any information for a albanian to marry abroad!
We have gone onto e-albania and it has info for albanians marrying in albania or a foreign partner getting married in albania etc but nothing for a albanian marrying aboard to a foreign partner and the document they need to show they are free to marry a foreign partner and where to get this document from? We know it needs to be translated in english and have a apostille stamp but we have no idea what document!?

So has anyone on here married their albanian partner in the UK? and know what this document is and how to get it??
Your help will be very much appreciated!! Thank you!

blondesafari

Re: Marriage visitor Visa Brit to albanian

Post by blondesafari » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:52 am

Have you looked into how much the birth will cost you in the U.K., considering that you no longer live here? My daughter in law and son, who are both British, thought the same thing. They also live in Greece because she’s dual citizen of Greece and British. Because they are not habitually resident here, they were told they would be charged for the birth, and if there were complications, this could run into thousands of pounds.

Ukgal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage visitor Visa Brit to albanian

Post by Ukgal » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:17 am

I still have a house in the UK that my mother lives in all year and I visit 6 months at a time so legally I am allowed to still be registered there.

Thank you for your reply but my query is for my partner to get married in UK, so do you know about this document?