ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

input-output
Armenia

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by input-output » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:32 pm
input-output wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:25 pm

I am not aware t of FBR certificates now having a photo of the applicant - the one issued to our eldest child in 2018 does not have one. Just like that weblink removed by moderator. Is this a recent thing?
Please do not post links to unofficial website, especially ones that detail so much personal identifiable information of someone!!

This forum has many scammers and spammers visiting and trawling daily!!
I am sorry, it was never my intention - this is a site dedicated to promotion of the Irish culture in the US and the guy put so much out there in plain sight voluntarily

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:00 pm

On FB page someone posted article from the Minister of Foreign Affairs stating that they have increased staffing and processed nearly 5,000 applications in October!

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:22 pm

Oh no! I tried to open the spreadsheet today and it says:
Sorry, the file you have requested has been deleted.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the owner of the file hasn't deleted it.
Is anyone else getting this?

JT97
United Kingdom

Post by JT97 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:41 pm

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:22 pm
Oh no! I tried to open the spreadsheet today and it says:
Sorry, the file you have requested has been deleted.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the owner of the file hasn't deleted it.
Is anyone else getting this?
It told me that I don’t have permission to view it. Seems that general access has expired. I vaguely remember this happening in the past as well with the spreadsheet

JT97
United Kingdom

Post by JT97 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:43 pm

Hopeful_galway wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:27 am

Online App: Sep 1 2020
Docs Rec: Sep 15 2020
Address Check: Nov 1 2022
Confirmation: TBD

I was so hopeful with the short, handful of day, flows others have experienced, now I am hoping for a gift email from Santa. Any insights folks have? different teams, something wrong, some external group being delayed?
My docs were received a day after yours and I got the address check 3 days after you. I’m still also waiting. Perhaps we just have a slower team as I saw a May 2021 applicant get the address check. It is a torturous wait especially when others who applied months later are now at the same stage as us.

MrsC70
Scotland

Post by MrsC70 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:13 am

OMG, I've seen a June 14th 2021 confirmation of address email for someone today!!!! :D :D :D

KMaxx
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by KMaxx » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:36 am

KMaxx wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:00 pm
KMaxx wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:21 am
KMaxx wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:25 pm
I just joined the forum. Glad to join you all here.

Timeline for daughter's FBR is below and added to the google doc. I had successfully submitted my own FBR docs way back in 2003 - I think that took less than 6 months from papers mailed to certificate in hand. I am hoping she can get her cert by end of winter and we can then jointly submit our passport apps in the spring.

Application submitted online: 12 Oct 2020
Docs received mail: 2 Dec 2020
Request to confirm address:
Confirmation of entry to FBR:
Certificate received:
Request to confirm address: 4 Nov 2022
Confirmation of entry to FBR:
Certificate received:

Interesting wrinkle was message that D turned 18 since application and fbr requested her own contact info, all communication must now be between her and fbr office without my direct involvement.
Confirmation of entry to FBR: 22 Nov 2022
Certificate received:
Confirmation of entry to FBR: 22 Nov 2022
Certificate received: 29 Nov 2022

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:27 am

Patpatriot wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:00 pm
On FB page someone posted article from the Minister of Foreign Affairs stating that they have increased staffing and processed nearly 5,000 applications in October!
Glad they finally increased the staff! They are moving along very quickly, but that stat can't be right. They're closed on the weekends, which leaves 21 working days in October. that's approx 238 applications processed per day! ? Unless I'm misunderstanding?

input-output
Armenia

Post by input-output » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:29 am

They are moving fast with the simplest applications. As soon as a congitively overbearing task like requesting additional photographs comes into the picture, the whole efficiency is thrown out of the window. The most pathetic is to (1) overstretch the process for 2 years (yes, most countries operated essential services, like passports and citizenship applications in the hight of the pandemic) and to (2) demand for pictures for infants, making such a fuss over it, only for these images to be nowhere as informative in 3-5 years anyways. That's Ireland, go figure

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:37 am

Just spoken to another person elsewhere based in the United States who is in a similar predicament to myself. Estranged from father and thus can't provide state ID. They've just been approved onto the FBR.

That's two people in the last few weeks I've seen in a similar situation to me succeed. Hurrah. January 2022 couldn't come quicker!

JPrism
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JPrism » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:17 pm

I've also been having trouble seeing the Almighty Spreadsheet - it keeps saying it's been deleted.
Is this true? It would be a true shame if it had :(

MrMister2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MrMister2022 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:26 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:27 am
Patpatriot wrote:
Glad they finally increased the staff! They are moving along very quickly, but that stat can't be right. They're closed on the weekends, which leaves 21 working days in October. that's approx 238 applications processed per day! ? Unless I'm misunderstanding?
It looks like the number of applications processed is accurate, so they really are going that fast. Source: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... nswers-314

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:58 pm

MrMister2022 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:26 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:27 am
Patpatriot wrote:
It looks like the number of applications processed is accurate, so they really are going that fast. Source: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... nswers-314
Wow, that is crazy!

monterey21
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by monterey21 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:06 pm

Applied online Dec 6 2020
Paperwork rec'd Balbriggan May 19, 2021 (Covid shutdown caused delay)
Address check and minor clarification Dec 1, 2022
Told I was in Queue for FBR certificate printing Dec 2, 2022
Hurray!!! Slightly less than 2 years :)

MrsC70
Scotland

Post by MrsC70 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:52 pm

monterey21 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:06 pm
Applied online Dec 6 2020
Paperwork rec'd Balbriggan May 19, 2021 (Covid shutdown caused delay)
Address check and minor clarification Dec 1, 2022
Told I was in Queue for FBR certificate printing Dec 2, 2022
Hurray!!! Slightly less than 2 years :)
The clock for them only starts counting when they input your documents into their system.....so way under 2 years!! Congratulations!! :D

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:02 am

JT97 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:41 pm

It told me that I don’t have permission to view it. Seems that general access has expired. I vaguely remember this happening in the past as well with the spreadsheet
I PM'd Sulla and let him know it appears to have been deleted. I asked if he'd share a copy with me so I could host it.
The PM is still in my outbox, which I think means he hasn't opened it yet.

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Themag62 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 am

Anyone from west coast USA receive their passport any time near the estimated issue date?
HOW do they reach our witnesses by phone? My dentist /witness opens at 9PT USA. That's after business hours in Dublin -5pm. Is this the delay?

FBR certificate received August 2022
Passport Application received Sept 5, 2022
Supporting Documents Received Sept 27, 2022
Estimated Issue Date October 25, 2022
Request for status using dfa webchat December 1, 2022
"Will notify supervisor and hope to have a status update soon. App. being processed"

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:54 am

Themag62 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 am
Anyone from west coast USA receive their passport any time near the estimated issue date?
HOW do they reach our witnesses by phone? My dentist /witness opens at 9PT USA. That's after business hours in Dublin -5pm. Is this the delay?

"Will notify supervisor and hope to have a status update soon. App. being processed"
I'm in California. I received my passport about 2 weeks ahead of the estimated date. This was in October.
As for the witness I wondered the exact same thing because of the 8 hour time difference. I used a notary public at a mail delivery store in San Diego, also open from 9 - 5 PST. I have no idea if they ever called her. I used the a lawyer at my company for the FBR part as a witness and I don't believe they ever contacted him.

FWIW, it took a week for the delivery. If you sign up for informed delivery with usps.com you can track it once it enter the US.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:05 am

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:02 am
JT97 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:41 pm

I PM'd Sulla and let him know it appears to have been deleted. I asked if he'd share a copy with me so I could host it.
The PM is still in my outbox, which I think means he hasn't opened it yet.
Sulla hasn't logged into the forum since May.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BlimeyOReilly
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BlimeyOReilly » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:55 am

Thank you for posting this I am in this exact same position. I listened to the advice not to send documentation in while the office was closed and then in took me until Feb 22 to get it all in an envelope, witnessed and posted, only about 10 days before his 18th birthday 🙈
Iolanthe73 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:21 pm
Hello all, first contact from FBR team today, thought it might be of interest to some as my son was under 18 when we applied (barely, I rammed the application in hoping to save on the adult fee!) and of course is now an adult. I've seen others ask on here what happens in that case, and can report back that in ours at least, nothing much.

They emailed asking for my marriage cert (I don't have one, never been married, that's why it wasn't included in the package of documents - heads up for others, probably best to include a "I don't have a marriage cert, never been married" statement to cover that base!) for both children, applied with supporting documents for both as one packet.

Also in the email for the now-adult-child was a blurb about "I notice NAME is now an adult and as such may want to continue with his own application, please provide his address, email and phone number; or you may continue to act on his behalf". No request for adult fee, nor additional documents relating to adult/child change of status. We are of course continuing with Mummy doing the paperwork for him, lol.

Dates of note for our application:

Online application Mar 03 2021
Documents Mailed Mar 11 2021 (Canada)
Tracking received Balbriggan Mar 25 2021
No acknowledgement of receipt
Email requesting (non-existent) document for both children Dec 01 2022

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by BrexitEscapee » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:07 pm

Re. the Google docs spreadsheet: this was nothing to do with @Sulla. It was created by @SLwlss who hasn't been logged in since June. Here's his last forum post, in which he rectified a problem with the spreadsheet's settings, to enable it to be shared. I'm not able to, but if anyone else would like to resurrect the spreadsheet, they could send him a PM and ask him to change its settings again:

ireland/foreign-birth-registration-t277 ... l#p2077903

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:57 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:07 pm
Re. the Google docs spreadsheet: this was nothing to do with @Sulla. It was created by @SLwlss who hasn't been logged in since June.
Thanks for the correction.
I can't send SLwlss a PM either. Perhaps they have them turned off?

The good(?) news is that I made a copy of it on 26 October. It's a few months out of date, but it's better than nothing. If the original from @SLwlss becomes available again in the future, we can merge them.

Here it is: Almighty Spreadsheet Resurrected

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Themag62 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:47 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:54 am
Themag62 wrote:

Thanks,Dalton for replying. I remember you. We were in the Feb/March 2020 group. I'm in California also. So, your story makes further mystifying what the hold up is on my passport. You received yours in October? I'm green with envy,

I'm in California. I received my passport about 2 weeks ahead of the estimated date. This was in October.
As for the witness I wondered the exact same thing because of the 8 hour time difference. I used a notary public at a mail delivery store in San Diego, also open from 9 - 5 PST. I have no idea if they ever called her. I used the a lawyer at my company for the FBR part as a witness and I don't believe they ever contacted him.

FWIW, it took a week for the delivery. If you sign up for informed delivery with usps.com you can track it once it enter the US.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:59 am

Themag62 wrote:

Thanks,Dalton for replying. I remember you. We were in the Feb/March 2020 group. I'm in California also. So, your story makes further mystifying what the hold up is on my passport. You received yours in October? I'm green with envy,
Yea that is very strange. your documents were received about 2 weeks after mine were. I can't imagine what's taken so long for you. Mine took about a month from docs received to passport in the mail. At least there's a chat function on the passport side and tracking as opposed to the long oppressive silence of the FBR. I would give them a few days and then keep on them in the chat. Maybe it's end of year vacations or and end of year surge of applications in anticipation of holiday travel? Good luck! Gotta be almost there.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:59 am

it's the ceremonies' day soon, so maybe they got some staff into citizenship for a while to help coping with the backlog
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.