ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Widow- British citizen and Pakistani help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fs222
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Widow- British citizen and Pakistani help please

Post by Fs222 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:53 am

Asking on behalf of family member.

Their son passed away shortly after getting married.
He had wedding in Pakistan and was working on bringing his wife over.

While he was ill they tried to get bring his wife on visit visa but was refused as not enough evidence was submitted about her family Inc monthly income.

They were in the midst of everything and after a few years of son passing they tried again so she could atleast come and see his grave and stay with them a little while. Again visit visa. This time refused because lack of evidence to show how sponsor and applying person are related.

They have enough means for her move here and live here with them so they can help her settle down. The family would prefer if she could move here but if she can't maybe a long term visit visa?
She's educated so can go into further education to apply to the list of shortage jobs. Would she be able to study here and go into something like care home to work as its on job shortage?

If anyone has any advice please do drop it below. I will pass it all on to them.
Much appreciated
Have a lovely day.

secret.simon

Re: Widow- British citizen and Pakistani help please

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:02 pm

There is no specific pathway for the widow of a British citizen to move to the UK if they were not already resident in the UK before the death of the British spouse.

The in-laws can't sponsor her, only her spouse could have.

Alternatively, she could have moved to the UK as the parent of British citizen children if they have children.

She can of course apply for a visa in her own right, as a student or as a skilled worker.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.