ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa - Rental Income

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ska_abbas

Visitor visa - Rental Income

Post by ska_abbas » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:01 am

Morning everyone,

My mother (aged 69) is applying for UK visitor visa and her visit is being sponsored by her husband and younger son, who both will remain in Pakistan whilst she visits her children and grandchildren in the UK. She doesn't have any assets, bank account or assets in her name.

My father and brother's income source is the rental income from their property and shops, and monthly rental income is over PKR 300,000. As you're aware that in countries like Pakistan, most of the rental income is through cash, hence they deposit around 150,000 to a bank account and use remaining for their monthly expenses.

They have all rental agreements with tenants and property registry papers showing the overall income, but can someone please guide me on how to justify the deposit of 50% cash in to bank account and use remaining 50% for monthly expenses?

Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa - Rental Income

Post by Ticktack » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:12 am

ska_abbas wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:01 am
Morning everyone,

My mother (aged 69) is applying for UK visitor visa and her visit is being sponsored by her husband and younger son, who both will remain in Pakistan whilst she visits her children and grandchildren in the UK. She doesn't have any assets, bank account or assets in her name.

My father and brother's income source is the rental income from their property and shops, and monthly rental income is over PKR 300,000. As you're aware that in countries like Pakistan, most of the rental income is through cash, hence they deposit around 150,000 to a bank account and use remaining for their monthly expenses.

They have all rental agreements with tenants and property registry papers showing the overall income, but can someone please guide me on how to justify the deposit of 50% cash in to bank account and use remaining 50% for monthly expenses?

Many thanks
For you to get any meaningful advise, you need to convert that money to pounds sterling (£). Most of us don't have a clue what that is. Also don't have the time of day to look for currency calculators.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:24 am

The monthly income is around £1400-1500, out of which half is usually deposited in to the bank account and remaining half is used for monthly expenses.

The question is not about the amount, rather how to justify this in the documents?
We are thinking of submitting property registration papers, tenant agreements, income tax and asset declarations, bank statements, but I am not 100% certain on using the 50% income for monthly expenses, which is not reflected in the bank statement, but the tenant agreements would justify the total income

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:08 am

ska_abbas wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:24 am
The monthly income is around £1400-1500, out of which half is usually deposited in to the bank account and remaining half is used for monthly expenses.

The question is not about the amount, rather how to justify this in the documents?
We are thinking of submitting property registration papers, tenant agreements, income tax and asset declarations, bank statements, but I am not 100% certain on using the 50% income for monthly expenses, which is not reflected in the bank statement, but the tenant agreements would justify the total income
Are you saying that this is the total money generated by your dad monthly, or both your dad and your brother combined.

Also, please note that the UK don't care much about assets. Those could be additional (secondary) documents to show a clearer picture of how things look.
The UK loves to see physical cash or guaranteed payments like full time jobs showing what comes in monthly.

Are you going to be helping with the expenses as well? Have you got a well paid job here in the UK alongside your spouse?

Those are factors that can help increase her chances.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!