ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Naz I think you should listen to ur Fam and just wait for their reply. If in ur place what I would do is keep praying and Inshallah ur prayers will be answered. I know its easier said den dun but u gota just stick it out, I mean u have managed to wait 11 weeks whats anotha 2. If it goes to 13weeks and still no reply that would be the time to take this further. I'm sorry I know reading this is just pi**ing u off even more but i'm just saying what i'm thinking

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Mr Manchester - nah ur right cuz they said within 60 working days so they are technically in there right..so cant excatly argue with them...i was think the same i waitd 11 weeks im sure a few mre wont kill me....buh if sumting bad happens like it is rejected then i wud be veri pissd cuz this week they are gna up the age ting aswell...so gna have no choice but to appeal....anyway bet ur happi tho....u n wife toghter again.

imi

Post by imi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 am

hey guys,

I am back to old waiting days now. :x :cry:
wot happens if something very unfortunate happens n u lose ur passport with a uk settlement visa before departing to the UK?

abid_abid
Newly Registered

Slaam,

Post by abid_abid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi guys my wife sent off for her visa for settlement on 27th Oct and the status changed online on the 21st Nov... Says she needs to go colect it... but gerrys have not called her any ideas on what to do?? Ime really stressed out becasue apparently you only have so many days to get to the UK if you got a visa and also to do an appeal??

lovebird786

Post by lovebird786 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:08 pm

hii my husband got a call today to collect his passport for tmw and i am so scared after waiting 5 months for it and the status on the website is still the same, pls pray for me.i dont evevn knw what to do

abid_abid
Newly Registered

Post by abid_abid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:11 pm

when did your status change?? my wife still hasnt recieved a call and apparently the status changed on the 21st of nov? me too really worried please pray for me and I shall for all you guys too inshallah.

abid_abid
Newly Registered

Post by abid_abid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Guys I also never sent my passport page with the enrty and exit stamps... and now ime getting paranoid they might reject me... I did send my original plane ticket with the case though... Please pray for me this is soo bloomin stressful, I know im ranting on your all in the same boat I suppose but I just wana share with someone who is in a similar position...

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:23 pm

abid_abid wrote:when did your status change?? my wife still hasnt recieved a call and apparently the status changed on the 21st of nov? me too really worried please pray for me and I shall for all you guys too inshallah.
My wife waited 5 days after our status changed and we still didn’t get the call. She had provided two telephone numbers (mobile and landline) so it couldn’t have been that they had called and the line/network was busy. We got fed up of waiting and she just went on the 5th day. She told the guy she got the call and they gave her the papers, unfortunately it wasn’t the news we were expecting. I have been reading posts on here for a long time and I have come to conclusion that those who are not contacted within say 4-5 days then their case has been rejected. I might be wrong...I hope I am wrong for your sake if it does get to that point.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:52 pm

imi wrote:hey guys,

I am back to old waiting days now. :x :cry:
wot happens if something very unfortunate happens n u lose ur passport with a uk settlement visa before departing to the UK?
You get a new passport made and apply for a new visa from scratch. Whoever is dumb enough to do that deserves it all right.
Skeptic

RiFF

Re: Slaam,

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:54 pm

abid_abid wrote:Hi guys my wife sent off for her visa for settlement on 27th Oct and the status changed online on the 21st Nov... Says she needs to go colect it... but gerrys have not called her any ideas on what to do?? Ime really stressed out becasue apparently you only have so many days to get to the UK if you got a visa and also to do an appeal??
It has been mentioned loads of times before as well. Quite a few times, they dont call, or cant get through. You need to call them at 0900-10411 and confirm from them, that the online status has changed. Thy will probably advise you to go there and collect it.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:58 pm

abid_abid wrote:Guys I also never sent my passport page with the enrty and exit stamps... and now ime getting paranoid they might reject me... I did send my original plane ticket with the case though... Please pray for me this is soo bloomin stressful, I know im ranting on your all in the same boat I suppose but I just wana share with someone who is in a similar position...
Dude, this sounds like bad news, but if your case is with a cheesy ECO, he might just reject it in this basis. There are only three things which persuade an ECO of your traveling for a wedding;

1. Your passport stamps
2. Your pictures together
3. Your plane ticket

Out of these three, the plane ticket carries the least evidential weight.
Skeptic

imi

Post by imi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm

thanx Riff. that is what we have done. lets hope for the best. but i think because we already got the visa, they should give us this one quick inshallah, but Almighty Allah knows what will happen.

abid_abid
Newly Registered

Post by abid_abid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:07 pm

well I did send a whole album of wedding photos and also my plane ticket and all the photos did have a time stamp on them. I have just been told by my wife she got a call and has got an appointment to go and collect 2moro. Please pray for us all inshallah and I shall do the same for you guys inshallah.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:13 pm

abid_abid - is ur s settlement visa. that was quick reply u got from them.. im still waiting god nows wah they are doing? when n were did u submitt it?

imi

Post by imi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:15 pm

abid_abid wrote:well I did send a whole album of wedding photos and also my plane ticket and all the photos did have a time stamp on them. I have just been told by my wife she got a call and has got an appointment to go and collect 2moro. Please pray for us all inshallah and I shall do the same for you guys inshallah.
Good luck. We are all praying for the good news, inshallah.

Do they really make an appointment for a specific time or is it that they just say come between these hours for collection?

abid_abid
Newly Registered

Post by abid_abid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:17 pm

We applied at the lahore VAC, its a settlement visa for my wife and we applied on the 27th Oct. Hey I also had a holiday contract letter from work specifying my holiday length and then the photo album and my plane ticket ime sure that should suffice as evidence that I was actually present there...??? Please pray for me people inshallah Allah swt will help us. I dont think a quick reply is nececerily good apparently?? Yeh they have given her an appointment gap I think 11 - 12 or summin?? not sure

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:24 pm

imi wrote:thanx Riff. that is what we have done. lets hope for the best. but i think because we already got the visa, they should give us this one quick inshallah, but Almighty Allah knows what will happen.
Of course they will. I hope for your sake, you have mentioned the circumstances in the application. Every application has an 8-digit FCO number allotted. So, all they will do is pull up your record after making sure, the new passport is authentic, and forward the application to the Visa writers. My guess is 2 weeks max.

Best of Luck
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:26 pm

naz08 wrote:abid_abid - is ur s settlement visa. that was quick reply u got from them.. im still waiting god nows wah they are doing? when n were did u submitt it?
naz08 : I have read all your posts and it seems fishy. You better get hold of your MP.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:26 pm

abid_abid wrote:We applied at the lahore VAC, its a settlement visa for my wife and we applied on the 27th Oct. Hey I also had a holiday contract letter from work specifying my holiday length and then the photo album and my plane ticket ime sure that should suffice as evidence that I was actually present there...??? Please pray for me people inshallah Allah swt will help us. I dont think a quick reply is nececerily good apparently?? Yeh they have given her an appointment gap I think 11 - 12 or summin?? not sure
Best of Luck.
Skeptic

imi

Post by imi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:42 pm

RiFF wrote:
imi wrote:thanx Riff. that is what we have done. lets hope for the best. but i think because we already got the visa, they should give us this one quick inshallah, but Almighty Allah knows what will happen.
Of course they will. I hope for your sake, you have mentioned the circumstances in the application. Every application has an 8-digit FCO number allotted. So, all they will do is pull up your record after making sure, the new passport is authentic, and forward the application to the Visa writers. My guess is 2 weeks max.

Best of Luck
Thank you Riff. I have mentioned everything relevant I could in the application and have provided the evidence for them including the FIR - the police report.
I leave the rest to Allah SWT and keep praying.

abid_abid
Newly Registered

Post by abid_abid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Inshallah brothers look Allah swt will help us inshallah he loves to see the couple love each other and care for each other and inshallah with his will all our brothers and sisters will be re-united back with their other halfs inshallah.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:48 pm

RiFF wrote:
naz08 wrote:abid_abid - is ur s settlement visa. that was quick reply u got from them.. im still waiting god nows wah they are doing? when n were did u submitt it?
naz08 : I have read all your posts and it seems fishy. You better get hold of your MP.[/quote

not tryin to get my hopes up ..buh everything i sent was okay like i didnt miss out anything so i cant see why they wud reject it..so i just dunt now why they are taking this long...buh they are in there 60 days so cant realli get the MP to do much.

ginax
Newly Registered

Post by ginax » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:07 am

hi guys, after 6 months my husband finally got his visa as was declined first time then accepted on appeal. does anyone know what u do after this as they have sent me a letter as in does my hsband need to come within 28 days. not sure where to go frm here?

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:43 am

abid_abid wrote:We applied at the lahore VAC, its a settlement visa for my wife and we applied on the 27th Oct.

Yeh they have given her an appointment gap I think 11 - 12 or summin?? not sure
Any news? I hope you get the visa.

susy1

Post by susy1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:08 pm

hi guys,

i thought id share my happy news with you, after 7 months or so my hubbys has got his visa!! the application was refused, we appealed, and the bhc overturned the original decision! only thing is he only has a few days to leave - the embassy and visa centres should all get awards for best communication in the world! not