ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cannot get share code with error message

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumo88
Newly Registered
Japan

Cannot get share code with error message

Post by kumo88 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Hello

I have received my BRP (transfer of ILR to No time limit on BRP card) today and when I tried getting the share code from online from this page: https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/rt ... d-question

My details on BRP is corrent but when I enter these details I get this message: "The details entered do not match our records". Has this happen to anyone? Or do I need to give a few more days to see whether my record comes up? If this won't happen where do I need to raise this issue to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

kumo88
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Cannot get share code with error message

Post by kumo88 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 am

Hi
I checked the site again and this time it says "We cannot show your details. To prove your right to work to an employer, contact UK Visas and Immigration". Why is this saying this?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:49 am

I'm unfamiliar with share code system, to be honest, but do you need to use the system to prove your right to work? Can't you just use the BRP for this purpose?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

iampranavvirmani
United Kingdom

Post by iampranavvirmani » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:38 pm

I am exactly in the same boat. I created a code successfully on 28th Nov. When my employer tried checking it today, they could not and asked me to generate a new share code. Since last 1 hour, I have tried all ways and I getting exactly same error as you - We cannot show your details.

I am currently on call to UKVI since last 30 minutes. I will let you know if I get any update. Its just so unplanned and worrying..

bob1982
Newly Registered
India

Post by bob1982 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:01 pm

Hi iampranavvirmani

Did you get any info from UKVI? I am also facing the same problem. I generated the share code successfully few weeks ago but now I am getting the same message “ we cannot show your details”.

Regards

iampranavvirmani
United Kingdom

Post by iampranavvirmani » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:18 pm

Hi All - so I spoke to UKVI twice today. It seems it’s an IT system integration issue. My ILR status is shown in one system but they say the system used to show my share to work does not have updated ILR and hence the code is not generating. When I called back again saying it does not make sense as I did generate a code on 28th Nov and if the systems are not integrated then how did it allow to generate the code a week back with the ILR BRP.

Answer: it is system technical issue and they sent me a link to forward to my employer, for employer to check using employer sign in.

What’s the ETA of the issue to get fixed is unknown

kumo88
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by kumo88 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:07 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:49 am
I'm unfamiliar with share code system, to be honest, but do you need to use the system to prove your right to work? Can't you just use the BRP for this purpose?
I think now the employer have to ask for share code and cannot just accept seeing the physical card as it used to be. If we have BRP we should be able to get share code with our BRP number and date of birth (if the system is working!)

kumo88
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by kumo88 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:10 am

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:18 pm
Hi All - so I spoke to UKVI twice today. It seems it’s an IT system integration issue. My ILR status is shown in one system but they say the system used to show my share to work does not have updated ILR and hence the code is not generating. When I called back again saying it does not make sense as I did generate a code on 28th Nov and if the systems are not integrated then how did it allow to generate the code a week back with the ILR BRP.

Answer: it is system technical issue and they sent me a link to forward to my employer, for employer to check using employer sign in.

Hello - thank you so much for sharing the information, this is really helpful to know. Is it possible for you to share the link you were sent from UKVI to share with the employer? Fortunately I am employed and not needing it today but as you say I don't know how long it takes to fix this.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:33 pm

kumo88 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:10 am
iampranavvirmani wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:18 pm

Hello - thank you so much for sharing the information, this is really helpful to know. Is it possible for you to share the link you were sent from UKVI to share with the employer? The link can be personally stringed for him to prove his right to work. Fortunately I am employed and not needing it today but as you say I don't know how long it takes to fix this. Rather ask for how to connect with the appropriate UKVI section should you require same weeks or months down the line.

kumo88
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by kumo88 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:01 pm

Thank you for all the messages - I went back to the system and it worked this time. I have saved sharecode so that in case the system is down again I have a code that is valid for 3 month.

iampranavvirmani
United Kingdom

Post by iampranavvirmani » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Thanks for the update. Did you lodge any case with home office or anything?

Just to let you know you might have the share code but if system does not work when employer checks it’s of no use. The case being I was able to generate share code on 28th Nov. My employer checked the code on 5th December and they got an error that’s when they told me to re-generarte the code and that’s when I found that I am unable to generate the code.

I hope that does not happen with you but just to let you know.