ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Rejected - Visit Visa from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohanverma123
India

Visitor Visa Query for Mother In Law

Post by mohanverma123 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:08 am

Hi,

I am looking to apply for a visitor visa for 6 months for my mother in law to visit us (I am a naturalised British Citizen) and my wife has indian passport on spouse visa.

I have a good salary and a house here in UK and have sponsored visitor visas before and all have been granted and people have returned back in time.

I have two questions:-

1. My wife is pregnant and we want her to come in Feb and stay for 4 months to support my wife (Reading comments we will not give the pregnancy reason as the visa bounds to get rejected. What reason can we use as I don't want to write that she will be visiting for 20 days and ends up staying for 4months thus impacting her future visa applications?

2. Secondly, my mother in law is self employed (sole proprietorship) and run a business of retail mobile phones (2 store and both are rented not owned by her). The business is in her name but her son (my brother in law runs it). What docs does she need to show for her business?

She doesn't have a property in India and rents a house which the tenancy is also in her name.

Would really appreciate your advice here

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa Query for Mother In Law

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:36 am

mohanverma123 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:08 am
Hi,

I am looking to apply for a visitor visa for 6 months for my mother in law to visit us (I am a naturalised British Citizen) and my wife has indian passport on spouse visa.

I have a good salary and a house here in UK and have sponsored visitor visas before and all have been granted and people have returned back in time.

I have two questions:-

1. My wife is pregnant and we want her to come in Feb and stay for 4 months to support my wife (Reading comments we will not give the pregnancy reason as the visa bounds to get rejected. What reason can we use as I don't want to write that she will be visiting for 20 days and ends up staying for 4months thus impacting her future visa applications? Her coming and staying beyond 20days shouldn't be a problem, it is more important to ensure her stay does not exceed the duration of 6months. And for sure you can stay more days than 20 but not in great excess like 5months

2. Secondly, my mother in law is self employed (sole proprietorship) and run a business of retail mobile phones (2 store and both are rented not owned by her). The business is in her name but her son (my brother in law runs it). What docs does she need to show for her business?
Documents to show she owns the business, other evidence to show she has strong ties to home country

She doesn't have a property in India and rents a house which the tenancy is also in her name.

Would really appreciate your advice here
Has someone who has given IVs to UK before and that were successful, the previous types of documents you and your visitors used ib support of their application will still be helpful.

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:20 pm

Hi,

We are about to apply for her visa. I have a question - She is a sole proprietor and all the money she has are in the business account where the closing balance is 2500GBP. But she does not have any savings account that she keeps her money on the side or save. Am I right showing 2500GBP as her savings as being sole proprietor she has access to these funds all the time?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 am

mohanverma123 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:20 pm
Hi,

We are about to apply for her visa. I have a question - She is a sole proprietor and all the money she has are in the business account where the closing balance is 2500GBP. But she does not have any savings account that she keeps her money on the side or save. Am I right showing 2500GBP as her savings as being sole proprietor she has access to these funds all the time?
DO NOT use the business account. The fact that it is a business account negates the fact that she has full access to it.
You can show the business documents to show that she has a running biz at home. Then you can support her with your 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statement saying that you would be fully sponsoring her to the UK. Her chances are much better this way.
Cultural differences always clash when you expect the ECO to think like he/she is from your community. 10/10 they would think the way they are wired.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:54 am

Thank you for this, much appreciated

mohanverma123
India

Visa Rejected - Visit Visa from India

Post by mohanverma123 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:35 am

Hi All,
Applied for my mother in law's visit visa and it has come back rejected. We had attached the sponsorship letter but the ECO said that there was no sponsorship letter attached which is untrue. Can we review it or have to put in a new application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Rejected - Visit Visa from India

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:42 am

Taking out personal information, can you post the exact wording of the whole refusal letter?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:01 am

 You intend to visit the UK for 1 month and 1 day with your family. You have stated
that xxxx will pay £2,000.00 for your visit to the UK. In support of
your application they have not provided a sponsors letter confirming that they will pay
the above money or cover your maintenance during your visit to the UK. They have
provided financial documents/ Bank Statements showing debit and credit payments,
they have not demonstrated that any of these funds would be at your disposal for the
visit. I will now look at your funds to assess if you can pay for the visit yourself.

 You have stated that you are self-employed and earn 606,510.00 INR per year
(£6,022.44 exchange rate where £1 = 100.708 INR as per Oanda.Com on
27/01/2023) and you have declared savings of £250.00. You have failed to
demonstrate if any of the above funds would be available to you for your visit to the
United Kingdom. You have supplied other financial documents/ bank statements to
demonstrate your finances, the funds on these documents are from unknown
sources. I am therefore not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover all
reasonable costs in relation to your visit.

 You have submitted HDFC Bank statements for xxxx. However the
documents provided in support of your application do not confirm your link with this
business and I note that the bank statements represents funds used for the activities
and running of the business and you have not demonstrated that these funds are
available to support anything else or will be available for your exclusive use for the
duration of your visit. You have not demonstrated that you are a signatory to this
account. I am therefore not satisfied that this bank statement demonstrates that your
personal or financial circumstances are as stated.  

 Furthermore, I can place no weight on the taxation and incorporation documents as
they do not reflect any actual income. Neither do the documents confirm any
personal income on a regular basis. I am not satisfied you are employed as stated. I
am not satisfied your circumstances or intentions are as stated.

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:34 am

It clearly shows on the appointment letter (where all the uploaded docs are stated) that sponsorship letter was attached - which was clearly ignored. Do we have to fill in a new application or can we appeal it as the letter was clearly ignored which actually led to the refusal?

28 Accommodation – Permanent /
Temporary
XXX Proof of Ownership
compressed 1 unlocked.pdf
10/01/2023
29 Sponsor Evidence image.jpg 10/01/2023
30 Sponsor Evidence Sponsor Letter xxxxx
Xxxx.png
10/01/2023

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:57 am

What did your sponsorship letter state exactly?

The sponsorship letter is not the only point of refusal.

You seem to be missing the other points whereby ukvi doesn't believe her circumstances are as presented.

Put it this way, you being bale to sponsor her is not the main thing ukvi look at anyway. It is her ties to her home country (financial, social, family, property etc) that is more important.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:10 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is xxx) and I am writing this letter to sponsor and support UK Tourist Visa application for my mother in law xxx
xx, and he is looking to visit xx and to see our new house and attend the housewarming celebrations in February 2023. xxx will be visiting UK and staying with us from xxx. My wife xx and I have recently bought a 4 Bedroom Detached house back in October 2022 (xxx and xxx will be staying in our guest room which remains vacant for our guests for the full tenure of her stay in the UK. (Please see the proof of documents attached).
I can confirm that I will be fully supporting my mother in Law xxx stay in the UK and taking care of all his financial expenses which will include Travel, Food and Accommodation whilst she will be here in the United Kingdom. I have a full-time permanent job (employer letter attached with payslips and bank statements). I can also confirm that I will be paying for her flight tickets also.
Hence, I respectfully request you to grant her visitor visa and permit him to tour this beautiful country and our beautiful house.
If there is any other information required, please do not hesitate to contact me on below details.

Yours Faithfully,

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:11 am

But the first point it states that there is no sponsorship letter which clearly was there which made the ECO to look at her circumstances

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:17 am

The letter doesn't state you will pay or sponsor £2000. This is likely the point ukvi has made, you have not made it crystal clear in your letter about how much you are paying to sponsor her etc

But again, this is only one aspect and the least important one. The other points regarding her financial circumstances appear to be the main reasons for refusal as the circumstances presented do not appear to reflect accurately what the circumstances are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:21 am

mohanverma123 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:10 am
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is xxx) and I am writing this letter to sponsor and support UK Tourist Visa application for my mother in law xxx
xx, and he is looking to visit xx and to see our new house and attend the housewarming celebrations in February 2023. xxx will be visiting UK and staying with us from xxx. My wife xx and I have recently bought a 4 Bedroom Detached house back in October 2022 (xxx and xxx will be staying in our guest room which remains vacant for our guests for the full tenure of her stay in the UK. (Please see the proof of documents attached).
I can confirm that I will be fully supporting my mother in Law xxx stay in the UK and taking care of all his financial expenses which will include Travel, Food and Accommodation whilst she will be here in the United Kingdom. I have a full-time permanent job (employer letter attached with payslips and bank statements). I can also confirm that I will be paying for her flight tickets also.
Hence, I respectfully request you to grant her visitor visa and permit him to tour this beautiful country and our beautiful house.
If there is any other information required, please do not hesitate to contact me on below details.

Yours Faithfully,
How many months payslips and bank statements did you provide?

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:37 am

6 months

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:02 pm

mohanverma123 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:37 am
6 months
There was clearly a miscarriage of justice here. Seems like a case of omission from the ECO. You don't get the right of appeal unfortunately.
What you need to do is to re-apply again. It would be the fastest way to get a productive outcome. On the form, state what happened with the missed document.

Also attach with the uploaded a document an itemised list of all documents uploaded.
1. Letter of Sponsor
2. 6 months bank statements
3. 6 months pay slips
4. Sponsor passport and evidence of residency in the UK
5. Utility bill showing address
6. Letter from applicant addressing previous error in visa application.
7. XXXX
8. XXXXX
9. XXXXX

Make the next application idiotproof.

Then keep fingers crossed. They might feel bad and issue it ASAP.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:55 pm

Fastest way is to reapply and state it expressly in the supporting letter the amount you will be supporting her visit with. Also address other points of concern of ECO stated in the refusal letter. Show convincing evidence of strong ties to home country and clear depiction of her financial circumstances.

mohanverma123
India

Post by mohanverma123 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:45 pm

Thanks All