ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees' forms signed before or after date of submission?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sm12
Diamond Member

Referees' forms signed before or after date of submission?

Post by sm12 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:33 pm

I've been supporting my brother with his application and the forms to be completed by the referees haven't come up anywhere on the application yet. I'm guessing these will be next after the payment page?

I have two questions:
  • Do the forms have to be signed and dated before the application date or after the application date? Or does it not matter?
  • He has found one referee so far and he lives on the other side of the country. My brother is disabled so travelling is not easy for him. Can the form be signed electronically or must it be done in person? I could travel and get it signed if needed but not sure if he needs to be present.
Thank you.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Referees' forms signed before or after date of submission?

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:28 am

sm12 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:33 pm
Do the forms have to be signed and dated before the application date or after the application date? Or does it not matter?[/list]
Doesn't matter too much, before or after, as long as is relatively close to the application date. Can't say exact timeframe, but several people here have sent referee forms dated within several days/weeks from application date that have worked out. That's to say don't lose sleep over it if they sign it a few days before or after!
Can the form be signed electronically or must it be done in person?
I can confirm first hand it can all be done electronically (one of my referees was in the US). See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:13 pm

Thank you.

In the following question, can he write ILR?

"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

Also, there is a question in the form about Identity Cards. Our country does not provide any ID cards in addition to the passport, but there is a tax card. Should he provide that or just reply no?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:31 pm

"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"
Yes ILR is fine.
Also, there is a question in the form about Identity Cards. Our country does not provide any ID cards in addition to the passport, but there is a tax card. Should he provide that or just reply no?
Not required. Just state no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:31 pm
Yes ILR is fine.
Thank you.

He started a self-employment business to do some work from home in October and hasn't yet filed his tax return.
But upon entering the date as 10/2022, the application still asks for these documents:
"most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment"

As newly self-employed, he doesn't have these. Would it be best to write a cover letter?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:59 pm

Also, he was in our home country during the COVID outbreak, returning after almost a year in April 2021.
Will this lead to problems under 'future intentions'?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:24 pm

Would be grateful if someone could please advise, thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:42 pm

sm12 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:59 pm
Also, he was in our home country during the COVID outbreak, returning after almost a year in April 2021.
Will this lead to problems under 'future intentions'?
This would come under the heading "absences from the UK" in the "past" residency period.
Future intentions is in the "future", at the time of application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:28 pm

sm12 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:41 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:31 pm
Yes ILR is fine.
Thank you.

He started a self-employment business to do some work from home in October and hasn't yet filed his tax return.
But upon entering the date as 10/2022, the application still asks for these documents:
"most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment"

As newly self-employed, he doesn't have these. Would it be best to write a cover letter?
A note in cover letter stating why the said document can not be provided suffices.