ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Referees date of signature

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CC3008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalization Referees date of signature

Post by CC3008 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:15 am

Hi Moderators,

I have applied for citizenship (naturalization) yesterday and had a query regarding the referees. I applied the application yesterday but the referees form are being signed off by the referees in August 2022 and Sept 2022. Would that be okay or do the referee have to signed after the application being made?

Thanks

CC3008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization Referees date of signature

Post by CC3008 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:10 pm

Can anyone reply to above query please? Its urgent as i will have to upload documents. Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:19 pm

It's a difficult one to answer as there's no official guidance specifically for this, though one could take the guidance on age of passport photographs as a surrogate, which is that they shouldn't be more than 3 months old. So you are just around the three months mark. Just an opinion, you should be ok with your referee declarations. UKVI can always query declarations or even ask for new ones, but that's very rare, virtually no reports of that here.

I would though tell your referees that they have signed those declaration - however, they are not normally contacted.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CC3008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CC3008 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:36 pm

Thanks very much for your guidance