ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 registration - Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faqasim
Jordan

MN1 registration - Questions

Post by Faqasim » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

I am currently filling the MN1 form for both my kids as I was granted ILR last week.

I need couple of clarifications on some points:

1. One of the required documents is "Proof of father parental responsibility for the child", and "Proof of mother parental responsibility for the child". Does a birth certificate that list both parents sufficient ? Or do we need another document?

2. One of the required documents is "A letter of consent from child's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)". Consent to what? And is there any formal form or template to be used?

3. I understand that the kids can travel while waiting on the outcome of their application, but can they also travel between the application submission and the biometrics appointment? If yes, do we have that published on Gov website?

4. If the decision is made on the application while the kids are outside the UK, can they come home to the UK using their most recent BRPs? Or should they wait for the passports to be issued by the embassy of the country they are visiting?

Many thanks.
Best,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1 registration - Questions

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:39 pm

Faqasim wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:08 pm
Hello everyone,

I am currently filling the MN1 form for both my kids as I was granted ILR last week.

1. One of the required documents is "Proof of father parental responsibility for the child", and "Proof of mother parental responsibility for the child". Does a birth certificate that list both parents sufficient ? Or do we need another document?
Birth certificate is ok.

2. One of the required documents is "A letter of consent from child's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)". Consent to what? And is there any formal form or template to be used?
Consent of the parents for their child to apply for registration (the child is the applicant - not the parents).
See this post for a proforma: british-citizenship/child-s-parents-con ... t#p2013977

3. I understand that the kids can travel while waiting on the outcome of their application, but can they also travel between the application submission and the biometrics appointment? If yes, do we have that published on Gov website?
Travel is ok after submission anytime, though of course you don't want miss the biometrics in case of delays due to travel chaos.

4. If the decision is made on the application while the kids are outside the UK, can they come home to the UK using their most recent BRPs? Or should they wait for the passports to be issued by the embassy of the country they are visiting?
The kids have passports? They need them to travel.
As long as the BRP is still valid use those, they would be accepted by the carriers as "visa".

Many thanks.
Best,
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:06 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:39 pm
Faqasim wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:08 pm
Hello everyone,

Birth certificate is ok.
Noted. Thank you.

Consent of the parents for their child to apply for registration (the child is the applicant - not the parents).
See this post for a proforma: british-citizenship/child-s-parents-con ... t#p2013977

Noted. Thank you.

Travel is ok after submission anytime, though of course you don't want miss the biometrics in case of delays due to travel chaos.
Do we have that note published on any gov site? Thank you for the confirmation.

The kids have passports? They need them to travel.
As long as the BRP is still valid use those, they would be accepted by the carriers as "visa".

They have their passports, of course. I understand that carriers will accept it, however, when they enter the UK, what would they need for the border officer? As I assume he can see that their visa was cancelled since their registration process was completed?

Many thanks.
Best,
Please find my follow-ups in green. Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:57 pm

3. A question asked almost daily. Both adult and child applicants can travel after the submission/paid date of the online application, which is the key date. The biometrics date is not relevant except for giving biometrics. This is asked almost on a daily basis and the answer is always the same. Note registration or naturalisation applications are not immigration applications, for some of which you are advised not to travel.
Here's a reference: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible
4. If child has been approved before you left the UK then best to take the certificate with you and present on returning at the UK border (NOT the carrier!). If not approved before you leave the UK then use passport/BRP as per usual, even if approved but you don't have the certificate yet. We don't know whether they immediately cancel BRPs, but still carry some evidence of the application and/or approval email.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.