ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application more than 6 months, what should I do now?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karlchen
Newly Registered
China

ILR application more than 6 months, what should I do now?

Post by karlchen » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:16 pm

Dear experts,

I submitted the T1E application ILR 5 years with 2 dependents on 13 April 2022, Biometric on 10 May, however, I didn't get any feedback on status till 1 Dec(today). My advisor wrote a letter for us on 26 Oct but no response from HO. He suggestted us to submit a pre action protocol to HO. I saw here in the forum, some applicants said there are ways by complaining or writing to local MP. What should I do now? Thanks a lot.

shazzi123
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR application more than 6 months, what should I do now?

Post by shazzi123 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:11 pm

Hi

I’m in the same boat. I applied for Tier1 entrepreneur 5 years ILR on 11th March. Have not heard anything back. I contacted local M.P. 3 times. They said they have escalated but haven’t heard anything back. I submitted a complaint to UKVI on 11th September. But no response to that either. It’s so frustrating but don’t think there’s anything I can do other than wait. Did your advisor submit PAP?

karlchen
Newly Registered
China

Post by karlchen » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:17 pm

Not yet. We don't know the pros and cons of PAP. Any one filed a PAP recently? Thanks.

Afroman23ay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Afroman23ay » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 am

Hey,

I filed PAP recently and yet to hear back from Hom3 Office so I will say PAP is useless as they decide to reply or not.

I applied for ILR SET (M) and made a super priority application 20/10/2022 got a complex email the following day after I escalate it by calling there contact centre. Since the complex email, I have not receive any further correspondence from Home Office. I raised it with my MP 08/11/2022 and nothing has been heard. Contacted a lawyer and sent pre action protocol 17/11/2022 giving Home Office 14 days to respond with deadline 01/12/2022 and I got a acknowledgement email after sending PAP that they will endeavour to respond within 14 days. I'm yet to hear back from them till now. So not sure PAP is really useful as they do whatever they want.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:10 am

Afroman23ay wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 am
Hey,

I filed PAP recently and yet to hear back from Hom3 Office so I will say PAP is useless as they decide to reply or not.

I applied for ILR SET (M) and made a super priority application 20/10/2022 got a complex email the following day after I escalate it by calling there contact centre. Since the complex email, I have not receive any further correspondence from Home Office. I raised it with my MP 08/11/2022 and nothing has been heard. Contacted a lawyer and sent pre action protocol 17/11/2022 giving Home Office 14 days to respond with deadline 01/12/2022 and I got a acknowledgement email after sending PAP that they will endeavour to respond within 14 days. I'm yet to hear back from them till now. So not sure PAP is really useful as they do whatever they want.
Lawyers happily take your money to file useless PAP. ILR standard timeframe is 6 months. You applied in October and then rushed to file a PAP. For what ?

I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Afroman23ay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Afroman23ay » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:37 am

Hey,

I did not rush. I made a super priority and they gave me the stupid complex case email. Meaning they have eaten my £800 and definitely does not make sense for them to put my application on standard application. So reason why I submitted PAP.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:49 am

Afroman23ay wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:37 am
Hey,

I did not rush. I made a super priority and they gave me the stupid complex case email. Meaning they have eaten my £800 and definitely does not make sense for them to put my application on standard application. So reason why I submitted PAP.
Read the link I provided. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shazzi123
Newly Registered
India

Post by shazzi123 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:52 pm

Hi Zimba

Is there any point in filing PAP if I’ve been waiting for 9 months for ILR? It has gone way above the standard 6 month time frame. I haven’t received any complex letter from HO either.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:08 pm

shazzi123 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:52 pm
Hi Zimba

Is there any point in filing PAP if I’ve been waiting for 9 months for ILR? It has gone way above the standard 6 month time frame. I haven’t received any complex letter from HO either.

Thank you
Similar case: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-o-co ... l#p1870137
You may have to wait longer as you can see.

karlchen
Newly Registered
China

Post by karlchen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:44 am

Well, seeing responses from others, I felt like no clear clue just try all methods. What a mess of UK now? the case workers in UK is goting to strike.

abdul96
Newly Registered
India

Post by abdul96 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:34 pm

shazzi123 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:11 pm
Hi

I’m in the same boat. I applied for Tier1 entrepreneur 5 years ILR on 11th March. Have not heard anything back. I contacted local M.P. 3 times. They said they have escalated but haven’t heard anything back. I submitted a complaint to UKVI on 11th September. But no response to that either. It’s so frustrating but don’t think there’s anything I can do other than wait. Did your advisor submit PAP?
Hi,
Iam also in the same boat.
I applied for Tier1 entrepreneur 5 years ILR on 10th June 2022, Biometric on 30-June-2022.
Already completed 6 months, I haven't heard anything back from HO yet.
I sent an email to local M.P. today 14-Dec-2022.

Is there any Home Office (UKVI) email address where I can send an email to them as well.
What are the next steps, do I need to take.
If anyone can give more detail information will be helpful to me.