ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help marriage visa question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waqaspk
Newly Registered

please help marriage visa question

Post by waqaspk » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Hello , I am here in uk on student visa for last 5 years which is expiring on april 2009. i recently got married to a girl she is french national .She is staying with me now in uk she is with me for last one month and want to stay here permanently in uk . The problem is she is 19 years old and i have heard marriage visa age is now 21 so does it mean i have to wait for another 2 years? Is there any other solution i have heard of EEA permit that is for 5 years can i fit into that category ? what is the best way out wait for two years to apply visa or any other alternative thank you very much

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: please help marriage visa question

Post by sakura » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:08 pm

waqaspk wrote:Hello , I am here in uk on student visa for last 5 years which is expiring on april 2009. i recently got married to a girl she is french national .She is staying with me now in uk she is with me for last one month and want to stay here permanently in uk . The problem is she is 19 years old and i have heard marriage visa age is now 21 so does it mean i have to wait for another 2 years? Is there any other solution i have heard of EEA permit that is for 5 years can i fit into that category ? what is the best way out wait for two years to apply visa or any other alternative thank you very much
What is she currently doing in the UK (work, study, etc)?