ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa C Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drali444
United Kingdom

Visit visa C Ireland

Post by drali444 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:56 pm

I have a query that Irish family c visiting visa is for 90days so I need to ask these 90 days starts from the day I arrived in Ireland or it started from the issue date of visa .
As my visa issued on 5th Oct 2022 till 4th Jan 2023 and I arrived in Ireland on 8th dec 2022. So kindly guide me in this matter

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa C Ireland

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:15 pm

It starts from visa issue date, as the dates clearly indicate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drali444
United Kingdom

Post by drali444 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:25 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. This below statement on the Irish immigration website is confusing me.
''The validity period shown on your visa indicates the dates between which you must travel to Ireland. These dates are NOT the dates between which you’re permitted to remain in Ireland.''

Reference, arrival section -> length of stay, in the below link

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/visas/visas-f ... eportation

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:31 pm

drali444 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:25 pm
''The validity period shown on your visa indicates the dates between which you must travel to Ireland. These dates are NOT the dates between which you’re permitted to remain in Ireland.''
I assume what they mean by that is that if there is another permission to reside in Ireland, visa does not necessarily supersede it.
For your case specifically see below:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... questions/
How long will my Short Stay ‘C’ Visa be valid for?
The validity of your visa normally starts from the date your visa was granted and expires 90 days after this date. You should note that this is not always the case. In some circumstances it will be shorter. The visa officer determines the validity and you cannot appeal against the visa officer’s decision on the validity period of your visa.

You can only travel to Ireland between the dates on the visa including the first and last dates printed on the visa. The visa must be presented to an Immigration Officer at a port of entry between those dates.

After the end date the visa is no longer valid and you will be required to apply for new visa.
What are the conditions of my stay on a Short Stay ‘C’ Visa?
If your application is successful and you are permitted to enter Ireland then you are required to fully obey the conditions of your visa. In summary this means that

You must leave Ireland before your permission to be in Ireland expires
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:34 am

I’m afraid the above is incorrect.

There is an explanation page here.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/about-irish-visas/#visa

Your start and end date (item 3&4 on the sticker) are the dates within which you can *travel* to Ireland.

Your duration of stay is on item 7 - this is the maximum number of days you are allowed to stay in Ireland. If it says XX, it will be under the immigration officer’s discretion (usually 90 days for tourist visas).

Usually, in a typical 3-month Type C tourism visa, you can travel to Ireland on the last day of your expiry date, and the immigration officer should still give you 90 days. Of course, it’s completely up to the immigration officer and they may ask why you did not visit Ireland from your intended date (usually the visa start date is one week before your intended travel date).

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:50 am

That's interesting, haven't yet encountered the system where time during which you could be in the country. wasn't constrained by visa end date.
Apologies for my ignorance, then.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:36 pm

Just to be on the safe side, I talked to BMU earlier today and this is the response:
You may enter the state during the validity period of the visa. A tourist visa will allow you up to 90 days stay in the state with the discretion of the immigration officer upon presentation, and its duration is not curbed by the date of expiry on the visa.