ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to apply for Stamp 4 after 5 years on General Employment permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FidoDido29
Ireland

how to apply for Stamp 4 after 5 years on General Employment permit

Post by FidoDido29 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:37 am

Hi,

I moved to Ireland in Feb 2018 on General Employment permit and will be completing my 5 years in Feb, 23. Read somewhere that I can apply for stamp 4 after 5 years. Would anybody know the process for the same?

Where to apply?
Documents required?
application processing time?
Fees?

meself2
Ireland

Re: how to apply for Stamp 4 after 5 years on General Employment permit

Post by meself2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:40 am

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... t%20permit.

ireland/stamp-4-application-5-years-gep-t313155.html
Note that General Employment Permit and Critical Skills Employment Permit do not work the same way.

For CSEP holders, the requirement is that you apply for a Stamp 4 Support Letter after completing 21 months on CSEP.

GEP holders do not need this letter. They need to complete 5 years of GEP and when they renew their IRP for the 6th year, they can directly apply for a Stamp 4.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:40 am

FidoDido29 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:37 am
Hi,

I moved to Ireland in Feb 2018 on General Employment permit and will be completing my 5 years in Feb, 23. Read somewhere that I can apply for stamp 4 after 5 years. Would anybody know the process for the same?

Where to apply?
Documents required?
application processing time?
Fees?
If you are in non-Dublin location, Garda station does it automatically. I believe for Dublin web based system you can apply for renewal as Stamp 4. It doesn't require any extra documents.

For this to happen you need to be working every year continuously, so if you are working in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 then your next renewal will be Stamp 4 for 1 year and will keep going on as Stamp 4 for 1 year for each renewal.

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:44 am

Thanks for quick response. Will the Stamp 4 be only for 1 year not two?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am

It will be always for 1 year, not for 2 years nor any longer. If you want longer residence, check Long Term Residency. Keep in mind to get that paper you need to pay 500€ fee and also 300€ card renewal fee, only then you can get 5 year residence permit.

Here is the details: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... residency/

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:05 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:46 am
It will be always for 1 year, not for 2 years nor any longer. If you want longer residence, check Long Term Residency. Keep in mind to get that paper you need to pay 500€ fee and also 300€ card renewal fee, only then you can get 5 year residence permit.

Need to keep in mind, if your passport expires earlier than those 5 years of LTR, the IRP card will be only till end of the passport, and need need to update tye card once again, so +300 eur more). Better to apply on citizenship and wait under stamp 4. LTR covers buy certain amount of cases and will be worth to have only: if costs will be covered by employer for example, passport valid over then 5 years + time waiting for decision (about 5-9 months), you don't need to have citizenship

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:18 pm

jesonnn wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:05 pm
mentalmind wrote:

Need to keep in mind, if your passport expires earlier than those 5 years of LTR, the IRP card will be only till end of the passport, and need need to update tye card once again, so +300 eur more). Better to apply on citizenship and wait under stamp 4. LTR covers buy certain amount of cases and will be worth to have only: if costs will be covered by employer for example, passport valid over then 5 years + time waiting for decision (about 5-9 months), you don't need to have citizenship
this information is not valid anymore. When you get LTR it will be valid for 5 years from the approval of your LTR. If your passport expires before 5 years you need to renew your passport and tell INIS (or garda station) with your updated passport details.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:14 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:18 pm
jesonnn wrote:
mentalmind wrote:

this information is not valid anymore. When you get LTR it will be valid for 5 years from the approval of your LTR. If your passport expires before 5 years you need to renew your passport and tell INIS (or garda station) with your updated passport details.
Got my LTR this year June, IRP card was given TILL end of the passport, now inis blames local office, local office blames Dublin inis cause is not responsible for issuing card, ping pong, so did you pass the process? Did you get your LTR recently? Or just saying how it should be? Reality vs some info on web site is different my friend
LTR letter for 5 years, irp card till end of the passport, does not matter in is against its own rules

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:10 am

Stamps are consistently given till the end of the perspective stamp’s expiry date correctly in Dublin only. In non-Dublin offices some local Gardai don’t always follow the rules. It is and has always been an issue.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:18 am

jesonnn wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:14 pm
mentalmind wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:18 pm
jesonnn wrote:
mentalmind wrote:

Got my LTR this year June, IRP card was given TILL end of the passport, now inis blames local office, local office blames Dublin inis cause is not responsible for issuing card, ping pong, so did you pass the process? Did you get your LTR recently? Or just saying how it should be? Reality vs some info on web site is different my friend
LTR letter for 5 years, irp card till end of the passport, does not matter in is against its own rules
I got LTR approval on June 2022 and my passport is due to expire on November 2023. I did renewal thru Garda station so I am not in Dublin. I got 5 year valid card till June 2027 and Garda person told me "your passport will expire before your IRP card expires so when you renew your passport just pop in and let us update your passport details on our system".

I also asked this question to LTR department while waiting my application result and got similar answer by post.