ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries as part of Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chandurl
India

Queries as part of Naturalisation application

Post by chandurl » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:49 pm

Hi All,

Can you please help me with the response on the below points as part of our Naturalisation submission (Self, Wife & Son (16 years))? We all had received ILR in May'2021 as part of 10 year route.

1. Requirement to have been in the UK on the first day of the qualifying period - For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2022 you should have been physically present in the UK on 06/01/2017.
-We have been in UK from Nov'2010. Will this counter start from the time we first came to UK or 5 years from the Naturalisation application submission date? If they consider last 5 years, We were out of Country in Dec'17 for holidays so I should submit the application in January'23 as we came back to UK after vacation on 30th Dec'2017.

2.English Test - Test results are only valid for two years from the date the test is taken. Once the validity of your test expires after two years, the qualification cannot be relied upon to support your application to naturalise.
-We had given the English test in Oct'2020 as part of ILR application. Can we use the same reference or we need to take test again?

3. Please note, you do not need to submit documents that have been uploaded as part of previous immigration applications – we will have a record of these and will consider them in support of your application.
-Does this mean, we only give them any new documentation from the last ILR application?

4. Details of all previous application -
-We have been in UK from Nov'10 and have applied for UK Visa extension for around 5 times. I don't have details of all the visa extensions, what to do in that case?

5. Registration for our son
- Son was born outside UK (he is 16 years old) and we are putting him in the same application form for Registration. Hope that is fine.

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Queries as part of Naturalisation application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:56 pm

chandurl wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:49 pm
Hi All,

Can you please help me with the response on the below points as part of our Naturalisation submission (Self, Wife & Son (16 years))? We all had received ILR in May'2021 as part of 10 year route.

1. Requirement to have been in the UK on the first day of the qualifying period - For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2022 you should have been physically present in the UK on 06/01/2017.
-We have been in UK from Nov'2010. Will this counter start from the time we first came to UK or 5 years from the Naturalisation application submission date? If they consider last 5 years, We were out of Country in Dec'17 for holidays so I should submit the application in January'23 as we came back to UK after vacation on 30th Dec'2017. Yes

2.English Test - Test results are only valid for two years from the date the test is taken. Once the validity of your test expires after two years, the qualification cannot be relied upon to support your application to naturalise.
-We had given the English test in Oct'2020 as part of ILR application. Can we use the same reference or we need to take test again? Yes - select the appropriate option.

3. Please note, you do not need to submit documents that have been uploaded as part of previous immigration applications – we will have a record of these and will consider them in support of your application.
-Does this mean, we only give them any new documentation from the last ILR application? No - you supply the documents required by the naturalisation application. There's a misunderstanding that naturalisation is a re-run of ILR. There's a minimum of documents to be supplied and you will get a list at the end of the application.

-We have been in UK from Nov'10 and have applied for UK Visa extension for around 5 times. I don't have details of all the visa extensions, what to do in that case? Just supply any information you have, some fields are "if known". You could also add a note explaining.

- Son was born outside UK (he is 16 years old) and we are putting him in the same application form for Registration. Hope that is fine. Yes - at the end of your application there's an option to add additional persons. The system will adjust to the MN1 format.

Thanks in advance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:45 pm

Thanks for quick response. I have mentioned my understanding, can you please confirm the same and also provide response to one more question at the end?
Hi All,

-We have been in UK from Nov'2010. Will this counter start from the time we first came to UK or 5 years from the Naturalisation application submission date? If they consider last 5 years, We were out of Country in Dec'17 for holidays so I should submit the application in January'23 as we came back to UK after vacation on 30th Dec'2017. Yes. Thanks, will apply in Jan'23

-We had given the English test in Oct'2020 as part of ILR application. Can we use the same reference or we need to take test again? Yes - select the appropriate option. Just to confirm, we can use existing English test results? Also, I have selected Yes to the question 'Did you meet the knowledge of English Yes requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?' Is this correct or anything else?

-Does this mean, we only give them any new documentation from the last ILR application? No - you supply the documents required by the naturalisation application. There's a misunderstanding that naturalisation is a re-run of ILR. There's a minimum of documents to be supplied and you will get a list at the end of the application. Thanks, Yes. I got the list of documents at the end after I have filled the details for everyone

-We have been in UK from Nov'10 and have applied for UK Visa extension for around 5 times. I don't have details of all the visa extensions, what to do in that case? Just supply any information you have, some fields are "if known". You could also add a note explaining.. Thanks. I have got BRP reference for all the applications, will indicate that

- Son was born outside UK (he is 16 years old) and we are putting him in the same application form for Registration. Hope that is fine. Yes - at the end of your application there's an option to add additional persons. The system will adjust to the MN1 format.. Thanks

6.Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
-This is mentioned in the Referee declaration however not mentioned in the application form. Do we need to have one referee fitting in any one of the above?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:57 pm

2. Correct - Yes
6. Yes, "such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion" - if there's another appropriate professional use that one.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:05 am

Thanks again for the response...Wishing you a happy new year in advance