ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa on damaged passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mkee
Newly Registered
India

Standard visitor visa on damaged passport

Post by Mkee » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:53 pm

I have a valid 6 month visit visit UK visa stamped on my Damaged passport (which i try to glue it as cover was coming off)

As i have some time for trvael, I wanted to get the a new passport

Now the sistuation is if I have a new passport and visa is stamped on my damaged passport (glued one). The old passport is all intact except for cover. Photo, passport number, lamination and personal details are all intact

Can you please let me know If i can travel on the new passport along with UK visa which is on damaged passport or do I get it transferred. Please help

meself2
Ireland

Re: Standard visitor visa on damaged passport

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:16 pm

https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa
You can use the valid visa in your expired passport when you’re travelling to and from the UK. You’ll need to travel with your expired and your new passport.
would expect it to apply for the damaged case as well, but unsure
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Standard visitor visa on damaged passport

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:59 am

Mkee wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:53 pm
I have a valid 6 month visit visit UK visa stamped on my Damaged passport (which i try to glue it as cover was coming off)

As i have some time for trvael, I wanted to get the a new passport

Now the sistuation is if I have a new passport and visa is stamped on my damaged passport (glued one). The old passport is all intact except for cover. Photo, passport number, lamination and personal details are all intact

Can you please let me know If i can travel on the new passport along with UK visa which is on damaged passport or do I get it transferred. Please help
Technically, you should be fine. If the airlines let you fly from your home country, you should have no problems at UK boarder control.
People combine old expired passports with visa on them, with a new passport with no visa one them. You sorta fall into this category.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!