ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about evidence - have things changed?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mattj44
Newly Registered
Poland

Question about evidence - have things changed?

Post by Mattj44 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:49 am

Hi all, I am currently in the process of applying for my British Citizenship. Have lived in the UK since 2007 and obtained my IRL in Jan 2022.

I will be applying around 15th January 2023 and my logic says I need to have been in the UK on 15th January 2018, is that right?

I will be using the following documents for evidence:

Language: BA Degree Certificate from a UK Uni
ID: Polish Passport
Residence is where I am stuck. When I previously looked, the AN Guide had a table of all acceptable evidence i.e,. P60s etc. but it's not there anymore (or I am being daft) hence why my question.

My plan is to use the following evidence:

January 2023 - July 2019 - letter of employment from HR & P60s
July 2019 - August 2017 - employment contract with a start date, P60s and P45 for when my employment ended

Is that enough? or do I need to provide evidence for the whole 2017, too?

Mattj44
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Question about evidence - have things changed?

Post by Mattj44 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:09 am

can't seem to edit but it should say IRL in January 2020.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Question about evidence - have things changed?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:34 am

List of documents required will be generated once you have submitted the application
Generally P60s for each year are fine - period from August 2017 onward would be covered by P60 for tax year 2017/2018.
There are only a minimum of documents required for residency, EU citizen don't get stamps in their passports.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.