ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September Applicant Approved (with job offer)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

f2k
Diamond Member

September Applicant Approved (with job offer)

Post by f2k » Thu May 19, 2005 7:28 pm

:D Today i have the great pleasure to share with you the good news that my HSMP application has been APPROVED! I would like to say thanks to all those who contributed to the forum as the infomation here helped me prepare a good case.

CC charged 15 September 2004
Sent Job offer: Monday 9 May 2005 (scanned and emailed as fax was not going thru)
Date on approval letter 16 May 2005
Recieved letter with docs 19 May 2005
waiting time once submitted job offer: just under 2 weeks (1 week for decision and 2 days for post)

Overall waiting time 8 Months about 35 weeks

on the job offer i tried unsuccessfully to fax to HSMP team on monday morning, so decided to scan urgent form together with job offer and sent via email on Monday 9th may, HSMP confirmed reciept of job offer first thiing Tuesday (10 May) morning (via email)
i then emailed them on Thursday 12 May asking for update and i recieved a reply the following day (Friday 13th) saying that my case was now under consideration and would be contacted once decision had been made. On Tuesday (17th May) morning called them (couldnt get thru on Monday)and spoke to this guy who on after confirming my details told me that it looked like the case had been completed and that a decision had been taken but he was not sure as the case file did not indicate that docs had been dispatched, anyway he tried to put me thru to the caseworker but he was not in yet but he promised to ask to send me an email to give me the update. the case worker did email a few minutes later confirming that 'a decision had been taken and had already been sent by airmail to my address here in Ireland'. anyway today i got the docs in the post with all my originals including my P60 which i sent later after the rest of the application had been recieved.

Again thank you to everyone who has been so kind as to share their knowledge and experiences. To all those form June to Nov 2004, dont lose hope the end is near, i wish you all the best of luck.
Now time for EC :D
Last edited by f2k on Fri May 20, 2005 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Thu May 19, 2005 7:46 pm

:D As one of our main men on the board, f2k this is a good one for you, at long last! well it just had to take a job offer at that! wishing u all the best for EC and the new life in the UK... :D
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Thu May 19, 2005 7:49 pm

Goodness F2K, it's about time too.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 19, 2005 10:47 pm

F2K ... many congratulations! But what a wait you have had to endure. As someone who has been British since birth I feel totally ashamed that you have been treated in this way.

But all is well that ends well. Enjoy life in the UK.
John

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu May 19, 2005 10:50 pm

Adding my congrats too - good to see a positive outcome after a lengthy wait. I hope your patience can be of inspiration to others. Best wishes for the future and thank you for your contribution on the board. I look forward to still seeing your posts 8) .

kcr

Post by kcr » Fri May 20, 2005 6:57 am

Hi f2k,
Congratulations my friend ....Wish you all the best.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri May 20, 2005 8:26 am

Congratulations! F2k.....the time is worth waiting for afterall.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri May 20, 2005 8:56 am

Thanks very much to you all for the kind words. it really was about time too. my heart goes to those who applied round about same time as myself especially those from as far back as July/ august who are still waiting. I hope there will be speedy and positive end to this long painful wait.
Also my heartfelt thanks to all those who contribute to the forum, this really is a great source of information, inspiration and hope and provides more information about the HO that the official home office website, to think that the last update was more than two months ago.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Wed May 25, 2005 2:25 pm

Congratulations, f2k!

Been watching you out here since I joined the board in October '04, wondering when they were ever going to finally get to your application!

f2k, I'm sure you'll do very well in the UK. You have proven to us over and over again on this board that you are intelligent, determined, and well prepared.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture