ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rav40
India

Life in UK test

Post by rav40 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:28 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to check if the answers to questions should be based on the official 3rd Edition book or on the current circumstances. Things have changed after the death of the queen and Brexit. For example, who is the heir to the throne or how many member states are there in EU.

Any advice would be appreciated, especially from people who have recently taken and cleared the exam.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Life in UK test

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:38 pm

The answer to these questions can easily be found by simply Googling and visiting the official pages :!:
The official book has not changed yet (still at 3rd edition) but the test has been modified to reflect the recent events
On 8 September 2022 Her Majesty the Queen sadly passed away.
Sections of the handbook, Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents 3rd edition, which refer to Queen Elizabeth II and the Monarchy, are out of date and have been removed from subsequent prints of the handbook.
You will not be asked any questions on this as part of the Home Office approved test based on the current (3rd) edition of the Life in the UK handbook
https://www.officiallifeintheuk.co.uk/o ... dents-book
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:45 pm

Hi Zimba,

Many thanks for a quick reply. I just wanted to check if the answers are to be based on the current knowledge or on 'the book'

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:23 pm

The test questions are based on the book!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:38 am

Thank you CR001. Let's see how it goes. Will post my experience.

Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:21 pm

rav40 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:38 am
Thank you CR001. Let's see how it goes. Will post my experience.

Many thanks.
Not on current knowledge but on what the material provided officially for the exam. It's like keeping to syllabus for exam preparation. Best of success to you.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:36 pm

The test is based on the official book.

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:55 pm

Thank you so much everyone for your guidance. I have passed my test today. There was no controversial question about Monarch or Brexit. I have prepared extensively but almost all of the questions came from this following website. This is for the benefit of any member taking the test in future.

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/exams/

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:16 pm

rav40 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:55 pm
Thank you so much everyone for your guidance. I have passed my test today. There was no controversial question about Monarch or Brexit. I have prepared extensively but almost all of the questions came from this following website. This is for the benefit of any member taking the test in future.

Congratulations

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:28 pm

rav40 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:55 pm

hi. congrats on passing your test!
If i only have 4 days to prepare, would you recommend spending most of that time on that website you've mentioned doing the exams? what else would you recommend on such short notice?

thanks!