ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa UK - Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa UK - Extension

Post by shyamgorasia » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:17 pm

Hi guys. Hope you're well.

My partners visa (according to brp) is expiring on 25 May 2023. She entered UK on 2nd Oct 2020. I was planning to apply for her extension around Feb 2nd 2023 (28 days before reaching 30 months).

However she needs to be overseas urgently in April onwards for a couple of months. If we've applied before she leaves abroad and she doesn't get it in time, would she be able to re-enter in the UK? since her brp will have expired and she won't have her new visa brp on her.

Is there anyway around this, wanted to get some advice please.

Thanks in advance
Shyam

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa UK - Extension

Post by Ticktack » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:48 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:17 pm
Hi guys. Hope you're well.

My partners visa (according to brp) is expiring on 25 May 2023. She entered UK on 2nd Oct 2020. I was planning to apply for her extension around Feb 2nd 2023 (28 days before reaching 30 months).It could take up to 3-6 months

However she needs to be overseas urgently in April onwards for a couple of months. If we've applied before she leaves abroad and she doesn't get it in time, would she be able to re-enter in the UKOnce she leaves the UK before she gets her BRP, application is considered withdrawn. She would have no way of coming back to the UK if and when BRP expires whilst she's outside. If she isn't a visa national, she might still be able to board a flight to the UK, but her residency would have been broken and she would be accepted as a visitor. No right to work or reside more than 6 months in the UK? since her brp will have expired and she won't have her new visa brp on her.

Is there anyway around thisNo way around getting your BRP before she travels., wanted to get some advice please.

Thanks in advance
Shyam
If she applies too early, her leave might be a bit too short to the 5 years mark for ILR.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:11 am

Hmm thank you. In that case, just to confirm and so I'm clear :

1) If she entered UK on 02 Oct 2020, 30 months counted from then would be 02 April 2023 right?

2) When's the earliest she can apply?
- 28 days before 02 April 2023,so that's 05 March 2023,is that correct OR
- does she have to complete full 30 months in the UK and then apply?

Either way, I'm planning to just do super priority to receive it before we go, as we need to travel in April 2023. But don't just had above questions to make sure I don't apply too early and they end rejecting if I'm paying the extra for super priority.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:23 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:11 am
Hmm thank you. In that case, just to confirm and so I'm clear :

1) If she entered UK on 02 Oct 2020, 30 months counted from then would be 02 April 2023 right? Thereabout!

2) When's the earliest she can apply?
- 28 days before 02 April 2023,so that's 05 March 2023,is that correct OR
- does she have to complete full 30 months in the UK and then apply? The 28 days early application is for those that need it. With renewal, it doesn't really matter. You can apply anytime before the expiry of the visa. If the application is made too early, it would still be granted, but only 30 months would be given to her. She then runs a risk of being short of the 5 years mark. So it's always advisable to apply at the due time, so you get enough to carry you over the finish line and maybe a bit extra in some cases.

Either way, I'm planning to just do super priority to receive it before we goThis is not guaranteed, but you can hope for the best., as we need to travel in April 2023. But don't just had above questions to make sure I don't apply too early and they end rejecting if I'm paying the extra for super priority. The rejection happens for ILR because they haven't spent the minimum 5 years or 10 years to qualify for it. There's no timeframe for extension. You can extend every day if you have the money for it.

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:40 am

Hmm thanks. We need to urgently travel around mid April 2023 and wanted it sorted and granted before then so I was thinking of options. The expiry date on the brp is May 25 2023

What would you recommend? Should I just apply 1 day after reaching 30 months so beginning of April, via a priority service? That way she has been in uk for half of the 5 year mark and isn't short?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:05 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:40 am
Hmm thanks. We need to urgently travel around mid April 2023 and wanted it sorted and granted before then so I was thinking of options. The expiry date on the brp is May 25 2023

What would you recommend? Should I just apply 1 day after reaching 30 months so beginning of April, via a priority service? That way she has been in uk for half of the 5 year mark and isn't short?
Either what you outline above or 28 days before reaching 30months as the concession of 28days still carries through to SET(M).
How fast you get decision is dependent on what HO prioritises/allocates resources to around the time of your application even then no guarantees.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:06 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:40 am

If you're lucky enough to get the priority service. Then absolutely, that date would work as it should take her to the 5 year mark, October 2025. She'd still have the early 28 days before completion to play with.

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:07 pm

I don't quite understand the bit where you say about getting time to play with . Is it best to apply on 5th March 2023 (28 days before 2nd April) or after 3rd April?

Do you get your money back if they don't process within given timeframe? If you don't, is there any point paying the extra for super priority for no reason?

I've had a look at the timelines post and it seems some people's have taken 1-2 months, even with super priority as opposed to a normal submission. I don't see how that makes sense lol

Bit confused what to do now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:24 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:07 pm
I don't quite understand the bit where you say about getting time to play with . Is it best to apply on 5th March 2023 (28 days before 2nd April) or after 3rd April?

Do you get your money back if they don't process within given timeframe? Yes, you can reclaim the SPV fees under such circumstances If you don't, is there any point paying the extra for super priority for no reason?

I've had a look at the timelines post and it seems some people's have taken 1-2 months, even with super priority as opposed to a normal submission. I don't see how that makes sense lol

Bit confused what to do now.

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:31 pm

OK thanks.

If I do apply 28 days before reaching 30 months residence so around 5th March 2023, on a super or priority service and it arrives quickly, will it be an issue Or will it be effective from after your current brp expiry date?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:43 pm

The new visa will be valid from date of approval. It is not tag onto the expiry date of the previous visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:46 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:31 pm
OK thanks.

If I do apply 28 days before reaching 30 months residence so around 5th March 2023, on a super or priority service and it arrives quickly, will it be an issue Or will it be effective from after your current brp expiry date?

Thanks
Ypi are thonling of shortfall for ILR or next visa....The best date beneficial to the applicant is used.

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:02 am

Sorry?

So if is approved before I've hit 30 months, then wouldn't that be shortfall.?

Would it be better to just submit super priority once I've reached 30 months and submit next day?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:53 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:02 am
Sorry?

So if is approved before I've hit 30 months, then wouldn't that be shortfall.?

Would it be better to just submit super priority once I've reached 30 months and submit next day?

I not in a hurry wait till complete.

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:24 pm

I kinda am, because we need set off for India around 11th April. Would we also get the BRP card quickly and straight away if approved? Or would we have to wait for that, as she would need to travel with that?

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:49 pm

Can anyone advise on BRP receive above please? Would I get in within few days of being approved?

Also had another question. I currently live with parents but say if I move out in next few months (rent). Would it matter if I just use my current parents address for where we live and cohabit (bills, addressed letters evidence etc) to keep things simple and just not submit anything to do with the rental property to avoid complicating things?
Would they look closely into the transactions on my bank account and wonder why theres an amount being taken out by letting agent?

Thanks
Shyam

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:01 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:49 pm
Can anyone advise on BRP receive above please? Would I get in within few days of being approved? No one can give you such assurance

Also had another question. I currently live with parents but say if I move out in next few months (rent). Would it matter if I just use my current parents address for where we live and cohabit (bills, addressed letters evidence etc) to keep things simple and just not submit anything to do with the rental property to avoid complicating things?
Would they look closely into the transactions on my bank account and wonder why theres an amount being taken out by letting agent? It's nothing to hide, if you have changed accommodation provide toll the point you left your parents place and final ones for your new residence. It gives you peace of mind knowing there is no duplicity.

Thanks
Shyam

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:07 pm

OK thanks.

Can someone please confirm if I'm able to book the B1 life skills exam for my partner for this FLR, and if its POSSIBLE to use this (even when expired) for when applying for ILR and citizenship?

Just so she doesn't have to sit another exam when we're applying for indefinite leave and citizenship.

Thanks
Shyam

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:41 pm

Also forgot to add, can we also do the life in the uk test now and get it over with, or do we need to wait until we apply for citizenship?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:52 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:07 pm
OK thanks.

Can someone please confirm if I'm able to book the B1 life skills exam for my partner for this FLR, and if its POSSIBLE to use this (even when expired) for when applying for ILR and citizenship? Yes

Just so she doesn't have to sit another exam when we're applying for indefinite leave and citizenship. Yes

Thanks
Shyam

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:53 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:41 pm
Also forgot to add, can we also do the life in the uk test now and get it over with, or do we need to wait until we apply for citizenship?

Thanks
Yes, LIUK has no expiry

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:18 pm

Thanks a lot. Might aswell book both then!

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi guys, for JOINT proof of cohabitation I only have;
- 1 joint bank account statements and
- a couple of broadband bills both with our address

The rest are individual letters with the address from various sources below;

- AA Breakdown
- Pension letters
- Tax return
- Lebara
- Broadband bills
- Car insurance
- Mobile Phone bills
- Specsavers
- NI Number letter
- P60
- Tax resident letter
- Life insurance
- NHS letter
- Dispatch letters
- Drivers licence letter
- Blood tests from Doctors
- Change of addresses letter
- Bank complaint letters

I have just been scanning any random letters that are coming through the post for both of us.

1) Would letters from these be okay, as long as there's an address?
2) Would it be an issue if there are some months with no correspondence?

Kind regards
Shyam

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:14 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Hi guys, for JOINT proof of cohabitation I only have;
- 1 joint bank account statements and
- a couple of broadband bills both with our address

The rest are individual letters with the address from various sources below;

- AA Breakdown
- Pension letters
- Tax return
- Lebara
- Broadband bills
- Car insurance
- Mobile Phone bills
- Specsavers
- NI Number letter
- P60
- Tax resident letter
- Life insurance
- NHS letter
- Dispatch letters
- Drivers licence letter
- Blood tests from Doctors
- Change of addresses letter
- Bank complaint letters

I have just been scanning any random letters that are coming through the post for both of us.

1) Would letters from these be okay, as long as there's an address? Yes
2) Would it be an issue if there are some months with no correspondence? No

Kind regards
Shyam

You should be alright, provide what's available

shyamgorasia
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:30 pm

That's great. Thanks a lot.

If my partner spends 2-3 months overseas with family etc and I'm in UK, would that cause issues in visa extension acceptance?

Or can we just say that and keep WhatsApp convo and call logs?

Thanks
Shyam