ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization App Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Naturalization App Queries

Post by AquaMan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:41 am

Hi,

Wish you all a happy new year!

I am currently filling the application for me, wife and a new born for Naturalization and need some guidance on the below points:

Q1) I came to UK on 02Oct2008 as a student and then > PSW to Tier1 to Tier 2 and then to ILR. I used an immigration advisor to apply for my ILR under the Tier 2 - 5 Yr route. In the ILR application the advisor asked me to put the Tier 2 Visa Start Date as the first date I arrived in UK. I challenged but his explanation was you are applying under Tier 2 route so stick to Tier 2 data. my question is can I give 02Oct2008 as the date I first arrived in UK as it contradicts the previous app answer ???? I feel it should be 02Oct2008 as it makes more sense to me.

we are also including our new born in Oct 2022 in this application and below questions are for the baby :
2) Do you have a valid national identity card? --> my new born only has birth certificate so I answered this as "No". is this correct?
3) Have you had settlement in the UK? --> Answered "No" as new born doesn't have any passport or brp - is this correct?
4) Country of Nationality? ---> what should be the answer here, I chose Indian as we parents are still Indians. is this correct?
5) Explain why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification.? ---> Born in Oct 2022 and applying for Naturalization along with parents who are on ILR currently. ; is this enough as an explanation?

As always thanks for all the support :-)

secret.simon

Re: Naturalization App Queries

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:51 am

Was the child born in the UK after you got ILR?

Your former posts suggest that you got ILR in October 2021.

If the child was born in the UK in October 2022, the child is already a British citizen by birth in the UK to a parent on ILR, and does not need to be included on the naturalisation form.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:28 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the child was born after I got the ILR so I wont include her int he Naturalization process.

So can I just apply for British passport for the baby ?

Also any thoughts on Q1?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:41 am

You can apply for baby's British passport now, online or paper application with HMPO - you need to submit full birth certificate and your or mother's ILR BRP dated before baby's birth date (HMPO requires original documents to be submitted).

Regarding Q1 first entry to the UK, note that naturalisation is not an immigration application, but has it's own requirements based on nationality law. So state the actual date. Not aware as to why a different date was needed for the ILR application. Note also that the application will ask about all your immigration applications so it makes sense to start at the beginning
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:52 am

That's great :-)

with regards to the previous immigration history/applications I do not have all the exact details of previous visa applications. As the question states "if known" I am only providing the details that I remember. Will that be ok?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:56 am

Yes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:11 pm

hi,

just filling the passport application for the new born and I can see the question whether the child has naturalization or registration certificate. I selected No to the question and it doesn't ask anything about the parents ILR status. is this correct?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:43 pm

The form is used for all citizenship scenarios, but it hasn’t got a separate question about ILR. But they are familiar with ILR. You submit BRP card and birth it’s a standard process..

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:31 pm

Thanks and I just finished submitting the app.

For the documents it is also asking for Grand parents birth certificate. Can I skip sending these as my parents don't have a birth certificate and they are in India.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:45 pm

AquaMan wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:31 pm
Thanks and I just finished submitting the app.

For the documents it is also asking for Grand parents birth certificate. Can I skip sending these as my parents don't have a birth certificate and they are in India.

Thanks
Yes skip, doesn't apply as child's claim to citizenship is based on your ILR at birth ...

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi,

Just uploading documents for the Naturalization application for me and my wife.
What should I submit for the Proof of continuous residence of 5 years?

Does the copy of full passport prove that I was living in UK continuously or should I upload all 5 years bank statements which will be 120 statements together for me and my wife?

Thanks

Hari

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:39 pm

Passports only
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AquaMan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AquaMan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:42 pm

Thank you