ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation minor applicant turning adult

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satgl
Newly Registered
India

garda vetting form for 16 year old minor child

Post by satgl » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:08 am

Hi,
I could not find this topic addressed previously and appreciate if any of you were in this situation and let me know.

I had applied on behalf of my minor daughter aged 16 years in January 2022 and as part of the application form, I had completed parental consent for garda vetting at the time of application submission.

Now I have received a letter addressed to me with regards to my daughter's application asking to complete the garda vetting form (which they have now sent). The form is NVB1(a) - Vetting invitation

Is it correct that in section 1 of this form, my daughter's details are to be filled?

Under declaration, is it my daughter who needs to sign (as it is her application) or is it me (since I have applied on her behalf and the letter is addressed to me)?

Can my daughter aged 17 years now, is allowed to authorise herself for garda vetting?

Thanks and appreciate your valuable feedback.

Best regards,

iceice304
Ireland

Re: garda vetting form for 16 year old minor child

Post by iceice304 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:50 am

the state's law for the consent age is 16 except in mental health system which is 18.
So I assume that is the reason they have asked for vetting/your child's signature.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:07 pm

Unfortunately, ISD guide only gives information for adults; maybe that'll change as time goes on since they ask for consent on minor naturalization forms.
satgl wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:08 am
Is it correct that in section 1 of this form, my daughter's details are to be filled?
Yes, as she's being vetted.
satgl wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:08 am
Under declaration, is it my daughter who needs to sign (as it is her application) or is it me (since I have applied on her behalf and the letter is addressed to me)?

Can my daughter aged 17 years now, is allowed to authorise herself for garda vetting?
As per guidelines for other established organizations that request their members to perform eVetting (eg these NCI guidelines), they specifically state only that contact details would be of parent/guardian, nothing about the signature.
I would say she could sign, as you provided your consent already when filling out the citizenship application on her behalf.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

satgl
Newly Registered
India

Post by satgl » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:12 pm

Thanks meself2 for your feedback.

satgl
Newly Registered
India

Post by satgl » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:13 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:50 am
the state's law for the consent age is 16 except in mental health system which is 18.
So I assume that is the reason they have asked for vetting/your child's signature.
Thank you for your feedback.

satgl
Newly Registered
India

Post by satgl » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:14 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:50 am
Thank you for your feedback.

satgl
Newly Registered
India

naturalisation minor applicant turning adult

Post by satgl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:20 pm

Hello everyone,
My daughter's application was made as minor daughter of a naturalised parent in January 2022 and she will be turning 18 years in December 2023.

I am not sure how it works, if no decision is made before she turns 18 years, as her application was made on a minor child basis.

I had sent an email to ISD but no response received so far. Has any of you had undergone this experience and what was suggested?

Thank you,

Regards,

White_Pearl
Ireland

Re: naturalisation minor applicant turning adult

Post by White_Pearl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:08 pm

Hi
Please share response from the email once received, as i am in the same situation.
However my son’s evetting is completed, but dont knkw if it gets approved before his 18th birth date.

satgl
Newly Registered
India

Post by satgl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:18 pm

Sure, I will.
My daughter's evetting was completed in March 2023

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:45 pm

My son’s is done last week.