ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4 Revoke, Application in Review Meanwhile moved to WorkPermit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Stamp4 Revoke, Application in Review Meanwhile moved to WorkPermit

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:01 pm

Background:
I used to be on Stamp4EUFAM, Then marriage broke down and applied to ROR (Retention Of Rights). which was refused and told me my marriage was one of in-convenience. which I object and put an appeal after year that appeal was also refused BUT they told me I can appeal against that decision, then I submitted another appeal.. I am working in tech CSEP role even before marriage.

Then solicitor suggest me I should also submit work permit application this will be no harm, which I did and it was approved and now I'm on work permit.

I remember at that time so many guys were in similar position as me. wondering if anyone knows anything.

Questions:
1. I didn't heard anything for my that review application, its been around 2 years now. how can I find out the updates and should it worth?
2. when my ROR was submitted I also submitted passport application also no updates from them. so should I leave it like that OR withdraw passport application?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp4 Revoke, Application in Review Meanwhile moved to WorkPermit

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:09 pm

1. You can always send them a letter (or get your solicitor to send them one) and ask for an update. A further review could take years so it’s not too unusual.

Since you have a valid permission now, it doesn’t matter too much, however, a revoke of previous permission could mean you will now need more time before you can apply for naturalisation, and the fact they think it is a marriage of convenience may further complicate your future naturalisation application. So yes you should try to get that decision reversed.

2. I’m not sure what you meant by passport application. Which country’s?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:10 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:01 pm
when my ROR was submitted I also submitted passport application also no updates from them. so should I leave it like that OR withdraw passport application?
what application do you mean? did you apply to renew your home country passport (which would have nothing to do with ISD) or?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:29 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:09 pm

I mean citizenship application here in Ireland. I have also applied that after ROR.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:30 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:29 pm
littlerr wrote:

I mean citizenship application here in Ireland. I have also applied that after ROR.
Did you get acknowledgement letter?
it seems usual for citizenship applications to just send you an acknowledgement letter and radio silence for the next year or so. Plus doubt they'll make a decision on it while there's an appeal pending.

I'd say leave it as is, you lose nothing but 175 euro fee you already paid.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:42 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:30 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:29 pm
littlerr wrote:

Did you get acknowledgement letter?
it seems usual for citizenship applications to just send you an acknowledgement letter and radio silence for the next year or so. Plus doubt they'll make a decision on it while there's an appeal pending.

I'd say leave it as is, you lose nothing but 175 euro fee you already paid.
Yes I got acknowledgement letter. I submitted citizenship application because at that time solicitor said no harm to Submit this as your Citizenship time is completed. BUT I knew they will not issue decision till ROR is sorted.. but now no update even for ROR.