ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa - Income and expenditure (host will pay for everything)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

feri_2017
Iran

Visitor Visa - Income and expenditure (host will pay for everything)

Post by feri_2017 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:09 pm

I was wondering if someone can help me understand if my approach is correct
I am applying for a Visit visa for my dad to visit me here in the UK for two weeks for the first time!
Last attempt was not successful and they complained that it wasn't clear how much he was earning.
In this application we have explained in details and resolved the previous issue.
Now considering low value Iranians currency in relative to GBP I asked my dad not to bring any money with him as I will be paying for all expenses. And I have written the following in the Income and expenditure.

Would this make sense? I put 1.00 GBP in the section when it says how much money are you going to spend, as it didn't accept zero, I want to know if this is okay considering I am mentioning twice that I will take full responsibility and pay for everything!
Or do you think I need to change the wording!

---------
Do you have another income or any savings?

No

How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?

1.00 GBP

What is the total amount of money you spend each month?

120000000.00 IRR

Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit?

Yes

How much money will they be paying towards your visit?

4000.00 GBP

Why are they helping to pay for your visit?

Feri is my son and he is inviting me to visit him. I will be staying with him and he will be paying for all my expenses during my visit as he has mentioned in the invitation letter. This includes flight tickets.

------------

And also have written this in the invitation letter

"I confirm that I will cover all expenses, including flight tickets, associated with my father's visit to the United Kingdom. Due to the low value of the Iranian rial relative to the British pound, I have asked my father not to bring any money with him and have taken on the full responsibility of paying for all expenses related to his trip."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa - Income and expenditure (host will pay for everything)

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:18 pm

There is nothing wrong in an all expense paid trip with full cost to you. However, hope able to show source of income for father and or evidence of strong ties to home country.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:59 pm

Thanks a lot for the response!
Yes we're providing evidence that he has a business and he is CEO of the company and needs to attend work on daily basis!
Also providing all insurance and bank statements to prove he has a source of income from his business.

Would him bringing his own money to spend make his ties to the home country stronger? Would that make any difference in the application?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:48 pm

feri_2017 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:09 pm

Would this make sense? I put 1.00 GBP in the section when it says how much money are you going to spend, as it didn't accept zero, I want to know if this is okay considering I am mentioning twice that I will take full responsibility and pay for everything!

How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?

1.00 GBP
I would say answer this question with the actual amount of money he plans (or you will spend) during his visit.

I did this for my mother last year and I matched the response to this other question.

How much money will they be paying towards your visit?

4000.00 GBP
There is no issues with your father bringing his own money, as long as he can get it exchanged to GBP. Any proof of financial security available to him will make the application more robust.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:49 pm

I see, wouldn't that be the money that he brings?
Beside he doesn't need or want to spend anything, I will be hosting him so the reality is he wont need to spend anything!
I understand that there is no issue with bringing money, but I don't want him to bring anything because it will turn out too expensive for him, even though he is financially very stable!

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:37 pm

I personally found that question a bit ambiguous to be honest. It can be understood as the money the visitor will bring as you rightly pointed out, but also it seems unrealistic to respond it by putting "0", nothing or £1.

When I filled out my mother's application, I read that question as the money she will spend during her visit, no matter if the money was coming from her pockets or mine. As mentioned, I matched that amount with the figure in the other question and it worked.

As far as I remember similar questions regarding finances are asked at a different stages of the application, so be prepared to respond accordingly.