ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from MMST FCT call notes

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Application update notification

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Please can you advise what to do now? I’ve got this notification second time. First I got it on 11sep22 and now got the same on 20nov. On earlier occasion I asked further..@homeoffice.com and they said ho will contact if they need to personally. I’m worried now. Please suggest. I applied for my family (including wife and two sons) together and provided biometrics using IDV app as requested by UKVCAS.

“Following your recent application for Nationality you should have attended an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to enrol your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph).

As part of your online application you were informed that you would receive this reminder letter if you had not attended an appointment and enrolled your biometrics within 45 working days. Our records show that you have failed to comply with this instruction, without providing us with a reasonable explanation.

If you have already booked or attended an appointment to enrol your biometrics before seeing this email, then please ignore this reminder.

Next Steps

As part of your online application, you were informed that you have to enrol your biometrics within a specified time frame. You must now return to your online application to book and attend an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to provide your evidence and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).

Your application may be rejected as invalid if you do not provide your biometric information.”

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application update notification

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:36 pm

If you have already booked or attended an appointment to enrol your biometrics before seeing this email, then please ignore this reminder.
You’ve had the appointment? Don’t think you will get any more confirmations before the approval emails.

Presumably you contacted HO on twitter? Certainly you wouldn’t get any info there, the helpline isn’t much use either.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:54 pm

No I didn’t attend the appointment since I was told to use IDV app for my family application. First time when I got the application update notification, I checked with furthernationalityenquiries email and got below response from them:
Dear
Thank you for contacting the FNE inbox.
We apologise for any confusion which has been caused.
We will contact you again if we are unable to re-use your previous biometric data and require you to book an appointment through UKVCAS.
Yours sincerely

Now I’ve got the notification again, and don’t know what to do now?

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:11 pm

@alterhase58 please could you suggest?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:13 pm

If you haven't already perhaps contact UKVCAS support?
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Esse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Esse » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:54 am

Please note if you were informed to use idv app and you did it, ignore the message. My wife had similar email saying same thing. My wife application was made in October but it's now approve. She did not follow the email instruction to capture her biometric

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:43 pm

Thanks but I got that auto notification again. I’m going to ignore it.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Email from MMST FCT call notes

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:20 pm

I’ve got below email. Any suggestions if there is any known IT issues with home office? I’ve applied in July last week and got this response on my application. So I need to do anything? Thanks

“Dear X

Ref:

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case and the linked dependents applying with you, unfortunately it appears your application’s will not be processed within the 6 month target.

We are sorry for the delay in dealing with the application’s which has been caused by an IT issue. We have reported the issue, will ensure it is resolved as soon as possible and will expedite completion of your application’s when it is resolved. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a specific time scale for completion at this time.

Yours sincerely,
Passports, Citizenship & Civil Registration”

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Email from MMST FCT call notes

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:29 pm

Home Office/UKVI IT issues are not generally publicised by them so we wouldn't know what the issue is.
The basic message of the email is they can't meet the 6 months processing target, they are late.
There's nothing you can do right now but wait - they didn't ask for anything.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:44 pm

Topics Merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:50 pm

thanks. Is it taking usually long for home office to process naturalisation applications ? It’s been over 6months and can’t have travel plan in near future

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:54 pm

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:50 pm
thanks. Is it taking usually long for home office to process naturalisation applications ? It’s been over 6months and can’t have travel plan in near future
You are free to travel. Not sure why you believe you ant travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:26 pm

Because if I plan for jul/august travel and it comes in June, it will be difficult to arrange for passport surrender and new passport application etc ..so quickly before travel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:29 pm

You are only british when you have attended your ceremony, which can be a bit delayed depending on your council. You also have 90 days to attend your ceremony so you can plan accordingly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Thanks. Since it’s been 7 months, do I write to my MP asking for support/escalation via him? I’m diabetic and under stress due to this uncertainty. Please suggest. Hope it has no negative impact on the application.