ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having children while illegal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Londoni

Having children while illegal

Post by Londoni » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:32 pm

My wifes spouse visa expired 2 years ago, i know what will happen if found out, she will get detained and deported so we havent done anything about it bcoz it would be found out.

We are now trying to have a children. What will happen when the children starts arrving? the local authorities dont know she lives here in the flat with me.

the GP have accepted her because when she 1st came here i registered her with the GP but because i am on unemployment benefit another person adviced me not to tell anyone she is living with me i.e. not to put her name of any of the benefit forms. Now, when the child starts arriving the local authorities will know from hospital health records and when registering the new child in this country as a citizen - what will happen then? apart from the wife who will get deported, what will happen to me? i have been on housing benefit and job seekers allowance since she came to this country because i lost my last job.

no one knows she lives here with me, i have not claimed benefit for her and she hasnt been paid any benefit. Can i say she lived with close relatives and now she has joined me?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Londoni,

What is your nationality / permission to remain in the UK?

If you are a British citizen / ILR in the UK, your child will be a British citizen. There is no need to register them as such, just apply for a passport should they wish to travel.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I fail to see how your wife is "at risk" (from an immigration perspective), by having children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Having children while illegal

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Londoni wrote:My wifes spouse visa expired 2 years ago, i know what will happen if found out, she will get detained and deported so we havent done anything about it bcoz it would be found out.

We are now trying to have a children. What will happen when the children starts arrving? the local authorities dont know she lives here in the flat with me.

the GP have accepted her because when she 1st came here i registered her with the GP but because i am on unemployment benefit another person adviced me not to tell anyone she is living with me i.e. not to put her name of any of the benefit forms. Now, when the child starts arriving the local authorities will know from hospital health records and when registering the new child in this country as a citizen - what will happen then? apart from the wife who will get deported, what will happen to me? i have been on housing benefit and job seekers allowance since she came to this country because i lost my last job.

no one knows she lives here with me, i have not claimed benefit for her and she hasnt been paid any benefit. Can i say she lived with close relatives and now she has joined me?
Jesus. Why are you having kids when u r jobless and in this huge hole? I mean, Christ Almighty, why? How irresponsible is that?

We had kids when we could afford them, am I THAT old fashioned?

Better stop before I get flamed....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:49 am

Just renew the spouse visa, it is almost certain it will be granted use form FLR(M). The changes in the immigration rules and the case law that supports your position is fairly strong.
If you can not afford to apply for the visa then that is a different matter.

As for the children angle, they will be UK citizens when they are born. If your wife is already registered with a GP no one will ask to see her immigration status. It is assumed (wrongly) that once you are in the NHS system your immigration status is ok.