ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:16 pm

Cathal wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:50 am
As someone who had the documents received email in late Dec-2021, I've been watching this thread and my emails like a hawk this past few weeks - finally got my address check email this morning and have updated the sheet.

Docs received: 23-Dec-2021
Address check: 6-Jan-2023
Wow you're in the "just over a year" club! That's awesome. Happy to see things speeding up significantly!

martinifromavoca
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by martinifromavoca » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:00 pm

Update from yesterday - got a congrats email within 24 hrs!

Was informed of an envelope tracking number which I guess will be from An Post to send back our supporting documents.
Or do they send the FBR Certificates with the application supporting docs?

All the Best, Martini

My Application date 02-Dec-2021
Doc acceptance 20-Dec-2021
Address check 05-Jan-2023
Congrats email 06-Jan-2023

JohnL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JohnL » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:35 am

Things are really speeding up, how encouraging for everyone. I'm grateful to this community for the updates and shared information on the process and timing. Good luck to all.

Application received Date: March 29, 2022
Acknowledgement Date: April 8, 2022

ilikefrogs
Newly Registered
England

Post by ilikefrogs » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:20 am

martinifromavoca wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:00 pm

Was informed of an envelope tracking number which I guess will be from An Post to send back our supporting documents.

All the Best, Martini

That’s excellent news, congratulations!

Although I am a little jealous you received your congratulations email before me :wink: (I replied to the address confirmation email within 60 seconds too!).

LongWayDown
Newly Registered
England

Post by LongWayDown » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 am

martinifromavoca wrote:

All the Best, Martini

That was a quick turnaround from address check to congrats. Hoping to get my congrats email soon, been about 2 weeks from my address check and as far as I know my case should be the most straightforward to deal with as all my Irish relatives are dead, death certs provided so no ID required etc.

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:10 pm

LongWayDown wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 am
martinifromavoca wrote:

All the Best, Martini

That was a quick turnaround from address check to congrats. Hoping to get my congrats email soon, been about 2 weeks from my address check and as far as I know my case should be the most straightforward to deal with as all my Irish relatives are dead, death certs provided so no ID required etc.
Yep same situation for me as well. 2 weeks since address check, and sadly both my parent and grandparent are dead so I have only death certificates too.

Fingers crossed it happens soon so I can stop checking Google and start stalking the postman instead!

Congrats Martini on becoming an Irish citizen! Any plans for your new found citizenship?

martinifromavoca
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by martinifromavoca » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:49 pm

Congrats Martini on becoming an Irish citizen! Any plans for your new found citizenship?
[/quote]

Apple10,

None really .... as I have been Irish since birth in London! Parents born in Ireland with Irish passports.
Moved to Ireland when 8 years old so got an Irish passport during Uni. After Uni lived mostly in UK.

The application I have is for my two children ( 13 & 18 ) born in England.
I sent both applications in together with supporting documents for myself and their Grandad, handily
we all have the same surname .... I guess mine might be a 'simple case'?

ATB, Martini

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:30 pm

martinifromavoca wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:49 pm

Apple10,

None really .... as I have been Irish since birth in London! Parents born in Ireland with Irish passports.
Moved to Ireland when 8 years old so got an Irish passport during Uni. After Uni lived mostly in UK.

The application I have is for my two children ( 13 & 18 ) born in England.
I sent both applications in together with supporting documents for myself and their Grandad, handily
we all have the same surname .... I guess mine might be a 'simple case'?

ATB, Martini
[/quote]

Ah sorry to misunderstand! The kids are very lucky having you do the admin for them. I would be chuffed at 18 though having an Irish passport, in the current situation. Lots open to them now, education and opportunity wise.

If I had my time again (And there was some actual snow in the European ski resorts) I would be straight over for the winter season!

whiskeypause
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by whiskeypause » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:55 pm

Very pleased to see those with December 2021 applications having been processed, as mine was submitted in the middle of January 2022.

With mine I wasn’t able to submit my grandfather’s death certificate as he disappeared after my father was born with nobody ever hearing from him again, and a thorough search of ancestry records didn’t turn anything up - although the spelling of the family surname on official documents changing slightly between his birth, his marriage, my father’s oldest sibling and him, didn’t help!

MrMister2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MrMister2022 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:01 am

Big Boss Man wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:23 pm
Big Boss Man wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:49 pm
Got the address check today! Now it looks like I'll have to wait at least a month for hopefully an approval, but happy to be one step closer.

Application date: 20-Feb-2021

Docs accepted: 30-Dec-2021

Address check: 5-Jan-2023
Aaaand today they said I need to send them my mom's original marriage certificate, my marriage certificate, and an "updated" birth certificate.

1) I had sent in my mother's divorce certificate because my instructions say "original civil marriage certificate OR other change of name document."
2) I didn't send in my marriage certificate because I thought that only applied if my name had changed ("original marriage certificate (if applicable) OR other change of name document")
3) My original 1970s birth certificate is perfectly legible, so not sure why that isn't acceptable. Thankfully the lady said she'd accept the 2005-printed version I have (I scanned a pdf for her to look at). Has anyone else had to send an "updated" birth certificate?

I'm hoping this is ALL that is needed now, which would be a nice silver lining. My grandfather's birth wasn't even officially recorded at his birth so I had to get that done in 2020! Hoping I'll be a citizen by the time St. Patrick's Day is here.
Like you, although I'm married, I didn't include my marriage certificate with my application because my name hasn't changed. I found at least one example from this thread of a person whose application was successful without a marriage certificate where there was no change of name. Evidently results vary.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:28 pm

An update

Just received my confirmation of address email. No indication of success yet though. Getting really nervous now. Estranged from mother so couldn't provide her state ID.

Fingers crossed.

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:26 pm

Valo wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:28 pm
An update

Just received my confirmation of address email. No indication of success yet though. Getting really nervous now. Estranged from mother so couldn't provide her state ID.

Fingers crossed.
Yay Valo!!! Bet your chuffed! Hopefully not too much longer now... I'm still waiting for a congrats/comiserations response...

Tourin31
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tourin31 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:32 pm

Valo wrote:
An update

Fingers crossed.
Oh yay! Great news. If this puts your mind at ease most people I have seen who have had queries (i.e. send in your long-form birth certificate) seem to have that at the address confirmation stage. Although, it does seem like there are quirks among the teams.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:05 pm

Tourin31 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:32 pm
Valo wrote:
An update

Fingers crossed.
Oh yay! Great news. If this puts your mind at ease most people I have seen who have had queries (i.e. send in your long-form birth certificate) seem to have that at the address confirmation stage. Although, it does seem like there are quirks among the teams.
I got my address confirmation email at 12:30pm and I replied to it quickly. No further correspondence since then 3 hours later so hopefully that is a good sign. I too have seen a few people in my predicament be told right at the moment they received address confirmation what they needed to send in. I've had no such instructions so hopefully a positive sign.

onlyzuul
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by onlyzuul » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:49 am

On Dec 9th the person working my app told me I was approved and in the queue for printing. Exactly one month later, this morning, I got an email from noreply@ daft.ie:

Application for Foreign Birth Registration xxxxxxxxxx Approved

Congratulations, your application for Irish citizenship through entry on the Foreign Births Register has been successful.

A certificate has now been printed and posted to the address provided by you. Please note that your application will be sent via Registered post and someone will need to be available to sign for the envelope.

If you live in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, Passport Online is the fastest and cheapest way for you to get your first Irish passport. See https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/ for more information.

Now to wait for it to arrive and apply for a passport.

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:43 am

Valo wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:05 pm
Tourin31 wrote:
Valo wrote:
An update

Fingers crossed.
I got my address confirmation email at 12:30pm and I replied to it quickly. No further correspondence since then 3 hours later so hopefully that is a good sign. I too have seen a few people in my predicament be told right at the moment they received address confirmation what they needed to send in. I've had no such instructions so hopefully a positive sign.
Hi when they ask for address confirmation. Do they also require address proof for current address?

martinifromavoca
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by martinifromavoca » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:29 am

With respect to the address confirmation ..... for me, if the address was the same as the application I only had to restate that fact fully with all details.

See below in the other case ( from my email);

''If your address has changed, please confirm the new address by return e-mail and attach 2 scanned documents to show your name and current address.''
UNQUOTE

ATB, Martini

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:19 pm

martinifromavoca wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:29 am
With respect to the address confirmation ..... for me, if the address was the same as the application I only had to restate that fact fully with all details.

See below in the other case ( from my email);

''If your address has changed, please confirm the new address by return e-mail and attach 2 scanned documents to show your name and current address.''
UNQUOTE

ATB, Martini
Many thanks

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:15 am

onlyzuul wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:49 am
On Dec 9th the person working my app told me I was approved and in the queue for printing. Exactly one month later, this morning, I got an email from noreply@ daft.ie:

Congratulations, your application for Irish citizenship through entry on the Foreign Births Register has been successful.

A certificate has now been printed and posted to the address provided by you. Please note that your application will be sent via Registered post and someone will need to be available to sign for the envelope.

If you live in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, Passport Online is the fastest and cheapest way for you to get your first Irish passport. See https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/ for more information.

Congrats! Similar to FBR, applying for the passport online is a 2 step process, make application online and then mail the evidence to Ireland. Since you have confirmation you're approved and now in the registry, you can make your application online, get the pictures done and submitted online and collect the evidence you need. Then when cert arrives you can turn it right around. If you're in a rush that is :)

JackESC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JackESC » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi all!

I am probably worrying for no reason but have just had a look at the documents I sent and noticed there is a slight discrepancy.

On my Irish grandma’s birth certificate, it says her mother’s name was Maggie whereas on the marriage certificate it says Margaret. All other details seem to match up though. Has anyone had similar discrepancies and still got accepted? Or should I prepare for them to ask about it when they get round to my application?

I am a Sept 2022 applicant so still a long wait for me but want to be prepared. Also I am so thankful for this forum and am following it pretty much every day. Best of luck to everyone 8)

Thank you :D

Big Boss Man
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Big Boss Man » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:49 pm

JackESC wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:41 pm
Hi all!

I am probably worrying for no reason but have just had a look at the documents I sent and noticed there is a slight discrepancy.

On my Irish grandma’s birth certificate, it says her mother’s name was Maggie whereas on the marriage certificate it says Margaret. All other details seem to match up though. Has anyone had similar discrepancies and still got accepted? Or should I prepare for them to ask about it when they get round to my application?

I am a Sept 2022 applicant so still a long wait for me but want to be prepared. Also I am so thankful for this forum and am following it pretty much every day. Best of luck to everyone 8)

Thank you :D
Hi Jack, I had a similar discrepancy where some documents showed my grandfather's name as Gerard, and some as Gerald. I asked the genealogist I was working with, and he said the names were interchangeable. I noted that on the application and it doesn't seem to have been a problem (they asked me for other docs recently but nothing related to the name difference). Hope it will be the same for you.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:37 pm

Valo wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:05 pm
Tourin31 wrote:
Valo wrote:
An update

Fingers crossed.
No further correspondence since the address confirmation email on Monday with regards to requesting anything from me so hopefully a positive sign.

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:13 pm

I got my confirmation email today, dual applications for my daughters. Documents received in Balbriggan on 18/1/22. Came as 2 separate emails.

onlyzuul
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by onlyzuul » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:55 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:15 am
onlyzuul wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:49 am

Congrats! Similar to FBR, applying for the passport online is a 2 step process, make application online and then mail the evidence to Ireland. Since you have confirmation you're approved and now in the registry, you can make your application online, get the pictures done and submitted online and collect the evidence you need. Then when cert arrives you can turn it right around. If you're in a rush that is :)
Good advice! Thank you!

input-output
Armenia

Post by input-output » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:57 pm

Postage of documents to the UK has not yet resumed :evil: :evil: :evil:

11/01/2023
As a result of the recent postal strikes in the UK and operating on advice from both Royal mail and the Irish postal service, we are not currently posting documents to Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Therefore, there may be a delay in your package reaching you. This will be kept under review and in the meantime, all documentation will be stored securely. The tracking number for your documents is *****************IE (www.anpost.com/post-parcels/track/search) which will be operational when posting resumes in due course.

I trust this information is of assistance.