ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter for Set M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gumsum

Employer letter for Set M

Post by gumsum » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:00 pm

Hello Everyone

My wife has completed 5 years on spouse visa. She was due to appy her ILR in October 2022 but because of some reasons we couldn't apply. We are now preparing her visa application and gathering all the required documents as we want to submit the application by next week.
I just found out that in July 2022 I didn't earn the required amount I was short of £300. After July i have earned well above the required amount.
So my question is should it be £1550 gross every month?
I have been doing another part time job in which I earned more than £350 in July so is it possible to combine the earnings from 2 jobs?
If i show 2 payslips of both the jobs for the month of July does it necessary to submit 2 payslips for both jobs for the remaining months or just main job payslips are fine?
If i submit 2 payslips for both my jobs then is it necessary to submit employment letter from both employers or just the main employer's letter would be sufficient? Kindly help.

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employer letter for Set M

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:17 pm

There is no min monthly income requirement. The requirement is satisfied based on whether you have salaried or non-salaried employment. Do you have a fixed annual salary or a variable income ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:42 pm

Hello Zimba thanks for replying. I work as a contractor so I have a monthly variable income.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:58 am

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual
employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the
person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6
months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout
that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided
by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted
towards the financial requirement.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:55 pm

Hi Zimba thanks for the link. I have spoken with my umbrella company they are not willing to show my total income for 6 months they are saying they will just write the monthly earnings on the letter.
If my employer doesn't write the total gross earnings on the letter then can we mention the earnings on the separate cover letter?

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:49 pm

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
• the person's employment and gross annual salary
• the length of their employment
• the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied
upon in the application
• the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)
• Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips
at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the
name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly
• where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited
company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in
paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies
House

In addition to the evidence listed above, paragraph 2A of Appendix FM-SE specifies
that P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if issued) and a signed
contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of paid employment in
the UK. If they are not submitted, the decision-maker may grant the application if
otherwise satisfied that the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that
employment are met, or they may ask for the documents to be submitted in
accordance with paragraph D of the Appendix.
For contact work and variable monthly income, the employer letter does not need to specify the gross annual salary

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:17 pm

Further to Zimba's advice, when does your wife's current spouse visa expire?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:12 pm

Thank you zimba for the information.
zimba wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:49 pm
A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
• the person's employment and gross annual salary
• the length of their employment
• the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied
upon in the application
• the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)
• Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips
at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the
name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly
• where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited
company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in
paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies
House

In addition to the evidence listed above, paragraph 2A of Appendix FM-SE specifies
that P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if issued) and a signed
contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of paid employment in
the UK. If they are not submitted, the decision-maker may grant the application if
otherwise satisfied that the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that
employment are met, or they may ask for the documents to be submitted in
accordance with paragraph D of the Appendix.
For contact work and variable monthly income, the employer letter does not need to specify the gross annual salary

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:14 pm

Hi Casa
Her spouse visa expires in July 2023 but she completed her 5 years in November 2022.
Casa wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:17 pm
Further to Zimba's advice, when does your wife's current spouse visa expire?

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:14 pm

My gross salary for last 6 months is £12819.03. What should I write in the question where it asks that what is their annual gross income before tax for this employment? Should I write £12819.03 or £25638.06?
My employer has mentioned last 6 months gross income which is £12819.03 on the employment letter. Kindly advise

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:48 pm

gumsum wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:14 pm
My gross salary for last 6 months is £12819.03. What should I write in the question where it asks that what is their annual gross income before tax for this employment? Should I write £12819.03 or £25638.06?
My employer has mentioned last 6 months gross income which is £12819.03 on the employment letter. Kindly advise
I already showed you above how the gross annual salary is calculated :? Use that calculation

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:17 pm

Hi Zimba
I have already calculated my gross annual salary but my employer has mentioned last 6 months gross salary on the employment letter that's why I was concerned that which amount should I mention on the application form
zimba wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:48 pm
gumsum wrote:
I already showed you above how the gross annual salary is calculated :? Use that calculation

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:10 am

gumsum wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:17 pm
Hi Zimba
I have already calculated my gross annual salary but my employer has mentioned last 6 months gross salary on the employment letter that's why I was concerned that which amount should I mention on the application form
zimba wrote:
gumsum wrote:
The employer letter need not show the gross annual salary, as you have calculated 6months, project it to annual as per same calculations method.
Be clear on what figure is which in your application and back up with cover note if required

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:45 am

gumsum wrote:
Hi Zimba
zimba wrote:
gumsum wrote:

That is fine. Note that answers provided on the form are simply there to guide the caseworker. UKVI will use the documentary evidence provided to evaluate the eligibility

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:16 pm

Thank you AmazonianX
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:10 am
gumsum wrote:
Hi Zimba
zimba wrote:
gumsum wrote:
The employer letter need not show the gross annual salary, as you have calculated 6months, project it to annual as per same calculations method.
Be clear on what figure is which in your application and back up with cover note if required

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:16 pm

Thank you Zimba
zimba wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:45 am
gumsum wrote:
Hi Zimba
zimba wrote:
gumsum wrote:

That is fine. Note that answers provided on the form are simply there to guide the caseworker. UKVI will use the documentary evidence provided to evaluate the eligibility