ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for two children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Makora
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship for two children

Post by Makora » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:49 am

Hi,
I am British now and I have two children. I brought my eldest child who is now 12 years to the UK two years ago when I had Permanent Residency. She has ILE and my understanding is she qualifies for British citizenship now. Please which form do I fill?

My second child was born out of wedlock after I gained my British Citizenship. What form do I fill?
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship for two children

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:11 am

1. Form MN1

2. Passport directly
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Makora
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Makora » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:40 am

Thanks for the swift reply, but I forgot to add that 2nd child was born outside the uk and is only 2 months old.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:55 am

A child born to a british parent is automatically British, regardless of where they are born. Child will be British by descent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Makora
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Makora » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:31 am

Thank you once more. I have sole responsibility for my eldest child. My wife (ie stepmother) is on spousal visa. Do I have to wait until she get ILR before I can apply citizenship for the eldest child? I read some where on the forum that, for children born abroad, one parent has to be citizen and the other on IRL before child qualifies for citizenship.

Makora
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Makora » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:55 am
A child born to a british parent is automatically British, regardless of where they are born. Child will be British by descent.
Hi CR001,
Can you please advise with the question asked? Many thanks