ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel and ceremony booking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omarmansour
Canada

Travel and ceremony booking

Post by omarmansour » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:59 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my Naturalisation application on 9/1/23. My question is, how do you deal with travel whilst the application is pending? *if* for example my application is approved on 1st April, Do I have to book a ceremony before 1/7, meaning the ceremony itself needs to be done by 1/7 or it could be booked within 3 months for a future date past the three months ? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel and ceremony booking

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:16 pm

You have 3 months from date of approval to attend your ceremony. If you do not, certificate gets sent back to ukvi and you have to aplly again and py the fee again
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:17 pm

Referring to the official AN Guidance (page 37 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rocess.pdf) it states:
"You must make immediate contact with the local authority once you have been informed
that your application is successful, as you only have 90 days in which to attend the
ceremony.
The date by which you must attend your ceremony will be given in your
Home Office citizenship ceremony invitation
. If you do not attend the ceremony within
90 days without good reason, your application for citizenship will be refused and you will
need to re-apply."
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

omarmansour
Canada

Re: council tax

Post by omarmansour » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:20 pm

and an off topic question:

I am entitled to 25% discount off the council tax because my wife is a student, before that it was a single occupancy (also 25% discount). It has been a direct debit from the same account for years, always paid on time, however, I don't think I have updated the status to reflect this (can't find any bills at the moment to be absolutely sure!). Do I need to worry ? If so, how could I deal with post application?

Thanks !

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: council tax

Post by JB007 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:08 pm

omarmansour wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:20 pm
and an off topic question:

I am entitled to 25% discount off the council tax because my wife is a student, before that it was a single occupancy (also 25% discount). It has been a direct debit from the same account for years, always paid on time, however, I don't think I have updated the status to reflect this (can't find any bills at the moment to be absolutely sure!).
You need to tell your council when somebody over 18 moves in or out of the property.
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/5017 ... _household

omarmansour
Canada

Post by omarmansour » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:16 pm

Right-I could do that now post citizenship application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:34 pm

Of course you can advise them now, it’s not an issue…
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.