ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Tier1 - Salary Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KaranB
Newly Registered

HSMP Tier1 - Salary Confusion

Post by KaranB » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my HSMP Tier1 visa and I am presently in UK on a WP. I would like to ask all the senior members of this forum that, if my gross salary is coming consistently but I took some money which is being taken off from my salary as deduction.

Now I m bit short of reaching the 25 points. Does anyone knows whether it is the Gross salary they see or is it the amount paid in the end. I have a consistent gross in last 6 months. And if they see Gross, I know I can apply - But if they see "amount paid" I know I will have to wait another month and I will lose my 10 points of age factor. As I will turn 28, if I Wait another month.

Can anyone please guide me on this.
Thank you all the senior people here.

Cheers
KB

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi KB,
as per the ukba guidelines at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /earnings/

Assessment of previous earnings
We assess your gross salary before tax. This also applies if you are self-employed and draw a salary from your business.

UKBA will asses your eligibilty based on the gross salary.
so you can very well apply in this month.

All the best.

KaranB
Newly Registered

Post by KaranB » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Thank You DingDon,
Highly appreciate your quick response.
dingdon wrote:Hi KB,
as per the ukba guidelines at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /earnings/

We assess your gross salary before tax. This also applies if you are self-employed and draw a salary from your business.

All the best.
I would just also like to clarify, it doesnt matter if my salary has half deduction on it - if they paid me loan to settle myself earlier in this country on the same regards ?

Thank you DingDon.
Cheers
KB

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:08 am

KaranB wrote:Thank You DingDon,

All the best.
I would just also like to clarify, it doesnt matter if my salary has half deduction on it - if they paid me loan to settle myself earlier in this country on the same regards ?

Thank you DingDon.
Cheers
KB
NO It doesnt matter

KaranB
Newly Registered

Post by KaranB » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Thank you republique

I guess, I will shoot into the plunge. Many many thanks.
republique wrote:

All the best.

Thank you DingDon.
Cheers
KB
NO It doesnt matter
Does anyone also knows that if we have 75 or 80 or higher points does it really matter, I m on 75 this month - 80 next month with 5 UK Exp.
shall I apply now - Does it plays any part in the role of strengthening my application ?

Regards to all..
KB

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:15 pm

if you're confident of the 75pts then go for it.
KaranB wrote:Thank you republique

I guess, I will shoot into the plunge. Many many thanks.
republique wrote:

All the best.

Thank you DingDon.
Cheers
KB
NO It doesnt matter
Does anyone also knows that if we have 75 or 80 or higher points does it really matter, I m on 75 this month - 80 next month with 5 UK Exp.
shall I apply now - Does it plays any part in the role of strengthening my application ?

Regards to all..
KB