ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scorecard Calculation/Can landlord reference letter with bank transfer be used as proof for the 50 points?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Scorecard Calculation/Can landlord reference letter with bank transfer be used as proof for the 50 points?

Post by yuki_vm » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:27 pm

Hi All, I have some questions regarding the scorecard system, hope you can shed some light? Your help is much appreciated!!

1. I am trying to understand better how to calculate the points -

eg. Employment Detail Summary 70 points + Current a/c Bank statement 50 points + Rent Agreement 50 points every year, I would reach the required 150 points?

2. Does everyone have the social welfare annual statement? (sorry, it prob sounds stupid, but it's the first time I heard about this when the scorecard launched).
I have been employed in ireland for 4 years, am i supposed to have that?

3. Let's say if i had Employment Detail Summary 70 points + Current a/c Bank statement 50 points + Social welfare annual statement 50 points, would i still reach 150 points?

3. Regarding the 50 points from rental, in the previous years:
I rented a room from a friend for 6 months, so i didn't sign a contract. She did in the end provide me with a reference letter plus I had the bank transfer proof every month.
-- Is this good enough? Anything can make it better?

Then, I moved to a new place and signed a contract with the landlord, the 1st year I had a contract with her, from the second year, we agreed to renew but there's no written renewal agreement. Still, I had the bank transfer proof every month. I believe she registered with RTB.

Another situation, I moved in with my bf and I was added on the contract. So, both of our names on it. Since he already knew the landlord, I just paid my part every month to him(bank transfer), and then he paid to the landlord the total amount.

Thank you!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Scorecard Calculation/Can landlord reference letter with bank transfer be used as proof for the 50 points?

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:02 pm

yuki_vm wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:27 pm

eg. Employment Detail Summary 70 points + Current a/c Bank statement 50 points + Rent Agreement 50 points every year, I would reach the required 150 points?
Yes. 50+50+70 = 170.
yuki_vm wrote:
2. Does everyone have the social welfare annual statement? (sorry, it prob sounds stupid, but it's the first time I heard about this when the scorecard launched).
Everyone can request it, but it will be empty in your case, as you didn't receieve social welfare; it won't count as it shows nothing.

For the last part - if that's all you have, go for it. This system is only a year old and there's only been three? approvals with it - there's a huge gap about what's acceptable and what's not. But they seem to be lenient.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Scorecard Calculation/Can landlord reference letter with bank transfer be used as proof for the 50 points?

Post by yuki_vm » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:44 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:02 pm
yuki_vm wrote:

Yes. 50+50+70 = 170.
yuki_vm wrote:
Everyone can request it, but it will be empty in your case, as you didn't receive social welfare; it won't count as it shows nothing.

For the last part - if that's all you have, go for it. This system is only a year old and there's only been three? approvals with it - there's a huge gap about what's acceptable and what's not. But they seem to be lenient.
Thank you so much for your insight! It really cleared up the confusion.

Just one more question about the timeline -
if i counted my time from Nov, 2019, I could start my application Nov, 2024? then, if i considered 20 days extra (on top of 6 weeks each year) that I was travelling outside of Ireland only last year, I would be able to start my application Dec, 2024? Is my understanding correct?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:13 pm

yuki_vm wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:44 pm
if i counted my time from Nov, 2019, I could start my application Nov, 2024? then, if i considered 20 days extra (on top of 6 weeks each year) that I was travelling outside of Ireland only last year, I would be able to start my application Dec, 2024? Is my understanding correct?
The way six week rule works is as following:
- if you were outside of Ireland for less than six weeks (42 days) for the year, you can count this year as if you were fully present in the country.
- If you were out for 43 days and above, you have to be in the country for 5 years + 43(or more) days.

Feel free to consider your absences, taking into account the rules, and calculate when you're able to apply.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:13 pm
yuki_vm wrote:
- if you were outside of Ireland for less than six weeks (42 days) for the year, you can count this year as if you were fully present in the country.
- If you were out for 43 days and above, you have to be in the country for 5 years + 43(or more) days.

Feel free to consider your absences, taking into account the rules, and calculate when you're able to apply.
Thank you for explaining the 6 weeks rule. For the final year before the application, do I have to stay in Ireland for continuously 365 days or I can still travel outside of Ireland for less than 6 weeks?

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am

meself2 wrote:
yuki_vm wrote:

Thank you for explaining the 6 weeks rule. For the final year before the application, do I have to stay in Ireland for continuously 365 days or I can still travel outside of Ireland for less than 6 weeks?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:03 pm

yuki_vm wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am
meself2 wrote:
yuki_vm wrote:

You can travel for less than six weeks in the final year, but be careful - if you're out of the country for longer, continuous residence requirement will not be fulfilled and you would have to wait another year.
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 12-15/288/
In both cases, the final 12 months must be continuous residence in the State with up to 6 weeks allowed to facilitate foreign travel for business family or holiday purposes.

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:00 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:03 pm
yuki_vm wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am
meself2 wrote:
yuki_vm wrote:

You can travel for less than six weeks in the final year, but be careful - if you're out of the country for longer, continuous residence requirement will not be fulfilled and you would have to wait another year.
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 12-15/288/
In both cases, the final 12 months must be continuous residence in the State with up to 6 weeks allowed to facilitate foreign travel for business family or holiday purposes.
Thank you so much!

Just wanted to circle back to one of the questions above - I read something on fb today regarding the social welfare annual statement, and then I requested the 'contribution statement' from my welfare, I do have records since 2019. But for the 'payment statement' shows 0. I am hoping to get more clarification if this could be used as the proof for the Department of Social Welfare Annual Statement - 50 points?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:29 pm

yuki_vm wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:00 pm
I read something on fb today regarding the social welfare annual statement, and then I requested the 'contribution statement' from my welfare, I do have records since 2019. But for the 'payment statement' shows 0. I am hoping to get more clarification if this could be used as the proof for the Department of Social Welfare Annual Statement - 50 points?
Payment statement is for social welfare you have been paid out, so it should be zero.
For the contribution statement, I wouldn't put hopes on it; going logically, ISD can already see how much you've paid for your social welfare contributions via EDS, so this does not give them any additional information besides what they'd already know.

Best place to get clarification on this would be from ISD, I reckon, unless other forum members have more experience with the system. I'd say throw it in and get 50 points elsewhere for safety sake if you can, but that's my opinion.

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:38 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:29 pm
yuki_vm wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:00 pm
I read something on fb today regarding the social welfare annual statement, and then I requested the 'contribution statement' from my welfare, I do have records since 2019. But for the 'payment statement' shows 0. I am hoping to get more clarification if this could be used as the proof for the Department of Social Welfare Annual Statement - 50 points?
Payment statement is for social welfare you have been paid out, so it should be zero.
For the contribution statement, I wouldn't put hopes on it; going logically, ISD can already see how much you've paid for your social welfare contributions via EDS, so this does not give them any additional information besides what they'd already know.

Best place to get clarification on this would be from ISD, I reckon, unless other forum members have more experience with the system. I'd say throw it in and get 50 points elsewhere for safety sake if you can, but that's my opinion.
Someone posted on FB some screenshots of the e-mail communication with the citizenship helpdesk stating either a payment statement or a contribution statement can be used for the 50 points. I will also try to get more clarification myself from there just to be safe. I don't have a strong proof in terms of the rental agreement, that's why I am seeking some extra points at least for the 1st year.
Thank you so much for all the information and explanation.
I will keep this post updated if I hear anything back from the helpdesk.

rajqo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rajqo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:19 pm

I have used dept. of social protection annual statement generated from mywelfare and it is still a statement even though it says you didn't get any money from this department. it does have your pps number, address and shows the dates. rules doesn't specify there has to be some payments made compared to the bank account, where they want 6 consecutive months and in each 3 pos payments by card in ireland.

azee81
Ireland

Post by azee81 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:27 pm

rajqo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:19 pm
I have used dept. of social protection annual statement generated from mywelfare and it is still a statement even though it says you didn't get any money from this department. it does have your pps number, address and shows the dates. rules doesn't specify there has to be some payments made compared to the bank account, where they want 6 consecutive months and in each 3 pos payments by card in ireland.
hi,rajqo
does it works for you when you submit social protection annual statement did they accept that with no transactions on it.i am in the same situation so it will help if you answer

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:30 pm

azee81 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:27 pm
rajqo wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:19 pm
hi,rajqo
does it works for you when you submit social protection annual statement did they accept that with no transactions on it.i am in the same situation so it will help if you answer
They submitted their application this year; average processing time is 1.5 - 2 years. I'm afraid they won't be able to give you a definite answer.