ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 renewal - which option?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CatBrom
Canada

EUTR1A stamp 4 extension

Post by CatBrom » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:56 am

Hi all,

I wanted to ask this outside of the EU1/EU1A timeline thread to see if I could get some specific advice. I am waiting on a decision from Treaty Rights on my EU1A application. My permissions end 31 March. I emailed them to ask if I can get an extension (or if I need one) and they said that my application will be processed very shortly and they will try to get me a decision before my extension ends. Okay, but now I am worried that I won’t get any info before it’s too late. I am working and I can’t afford to leave my job because of my permissions expiring. Does anyone have advice on this? It seems like they have been processing the applications within the time allotted though so idk if I should even be that concerned.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EUTR1A stamp 4 extension

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:37 am

They are *usually* punctual but from time to time there are delays. There isn’t much you can do anyway. You are considered having a valid permission while your application is in progress, but I understand it’s hard to explain these types of things to some companies. All you can do is to keep chasing them.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:41 pm

Thanks littlerr. I’ll email them again in Feb. I don’t suppose there’s any documentation that I can show my company that I’m still valid to remain? Someone in the other chat was saying I definitely can’t be here with an expired card.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:29 pm

That is completely incorrect. INIS (as well as immigration authorities in all EU countries) cannot remove a person while an active application is in progress.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/r ... dex_en.htm
The authorities should make their decision to issue a residence card or not within 6 months. If they do not do so, you can call on our assistance services. In any case, your non-EU family members cannot be expelled if their visa expired while their application is being processed.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:29 pm

That’s a relief, thanks!

CatBrom
Canada

Stamp 4 renewal - which option?

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:21 am

Hi all, I am renewing my Stamp 4 (moving from a temp stamp to a 5 year one) and I am unsure what options to fill in for my renewal. There isn’t any drop-down option for permitted family member of a UK National, so I don’t know if I choose the EU family member option or not. This is for a EUTR1A application that was just approved.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 renewal - which option?

Post by meself2 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:27 am

CatBrom wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:21 am
Hi all, I am renewing my Stamp 4 (moving from a temp stamp to a 5 year one) and I am unsure what options to fill in for my renewal. There isn’t any drop-down option for permitted family member of a UK National, so I don’t know if I choose the EU family member option or not. This is for a EUTR1A application that was just approved.
If it's a UK national, wouldn't it be withdrawal agreement beneficiary?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:29 am

I have no idea? They said it was a Stamp 4. My husband resides in Ireland before the withdrawal and transition and was exercising his rights.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:30 am

I also don’t see a withdrawal beneficiary option.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:33 am

CatBrom wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:30 am
Can you specify stamp to be stamp 4 (not 4EUFam) in drop down, just so you don't make them think you're entitied of it as an EU national? If yes, EU family member looks okay, just explain it in a cover letter I'd say.
Any better options on the form?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:37 am

Yeah I mean, I can pick Stamp 4 but then I need to provide the reason. None mention UK family member.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:24 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:33 am
CatBrom wrote:
Can you specify stamp to be stamp 4 (not 4EUFam) in drop down, just so you don't make them think you're entitied of it as an EU national? If yes, EU family member looks okay, just explain it in a cover letter I'd say.
Just to note: the withdrawal beneficiary option was only valid (to my understanding) until June of last year, and that is an entirely different selection to Stamp 4. The closest options on the form are “joining EU/EEA spouse” or “none of the above including de facto partner” which did apply when I submitted it as we were not yet married, but we are married now and I’m still considered a permitted family member anyway.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:25 pm

meself2 wrote:
CatBrom wrote:
Just to note: the withdrawal beneficiary option was only valid (to my understanding) until June of last year, and that is an entirely different selection to Stamp 4. The closest options on the form are “joining EU/EEA spouse” or “none of the above including de facto partner” which did apply when I submitted it as we were not yet married, but we are married now and I’m still considered a permitted family member anyway.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:32 pm

CatBrom wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:25 pm
meself2 wrote:
CatBrom wrote:
Withdrawal agreement folks would have to renew their permissions at some point, plus it's mentioned as a category in a pdf with list of documents for renewal.

If you're married, you're now a qualified member and would have to go through EUTR1, if my understanding is correct, so that would be different; go with "none of the above" option and explain your situation in a cover letter.
They don't make decisions there, just process what's given. When I tried to switch my permission via this online service, they refused saying "get letter from ISD first"; since you have a letter from ISD, you should be fine anyway, as they gave you the go ahead.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:42 pm

Part of why I am curious on this is because I don't want to have to pay the 300 euros if I don't have to. I'd like to know if I am exempt or if I do have to pay. Last time I renewed, I did have to pay but I managed to get a refund, and I chose the "none of the above" option. So I assumed I chose the wrong option if I am in fact not meant to pay the 300 euros.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:49 pm

Also, EU treaty rights told me that I would still go through the EU1A application as I believe that one is for all family members of UK nationals. We gave them the info that we were married when it happened and my letter says “permitted family member”. So I don’t think I am considered a qualified member in their eyes based on when I submitted my app, I was De Facto.

Withdrawal agreement, even renewals, applies to people who were already on a Stamp 4EUFAM and needed to make the switch. It doesn’t apply to me, and I confirmed that with them last year.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:05 pm

If you couldn’t get a straight answer from their email within a few days (they are much faster to respond now - last time I contacted them they replied to me on the same day - twice), just select the normal EU Treaty and do all the explanations in one of the note box. That way you won’t have to pay anything upfront.

They should be able to amend your application type where necessary. The worst scenario is that they reject your application and you start over again (which won’t have any negative impact on you as you already have legal permission to live in the country).

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:34 pm

Thanks! That sounds like a good plan.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:45 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:05 pm
If you couldn’t get a straight answer from their email within a few days (they are much faster to respond now - last time I contacted them they replied to me on the same day - twice), just select the normal EU Treaty and do all the explanations in one of the note box. That way you won’t have to pay anything upfront.

They should be able to amend your application type where necessary. The worst scenario is that they reject your application and you start over again (which won’t have any negative impact on you as you already have legal permission to live in the country).
I applied like this as I never got a response. Weirdly, some of the emails I have been sending them are getting closed automatically, unsure why. But no response yet. I hope it just gets approved, although it’s taking ages to get IRP cards these days.