ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For HSMPians admitted to the scheme before April 2006

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Press Release...

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:27 pm

javaid10 wrote:ILR JR is been argued in court at the moment, see the press release...

http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/hsmilrpr.html
Well, the JR is not being argued in court (as yet). The press release only mentions that an application for JR has been filed and that UKBA's has questioned the validity of the JR application on the basis that the ILR changes were made 2 years ago and hence a JR cannot be requested / filed so late (as indicated in the UKBA's reponse to notice before claim).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:32 pm

It is interesting to note that in the recent AIT ILR appeal the presiding judge refused the appeal on immigration grounds (the appellant, an HSMPian, had filed for ILR after 4 yrs in July 2008). However, the judge allowed the appeal only on human rights grounds.

Rather disturbing, I would think - that the judge dismissed the appeal on immigration grounds! Specially so when reference to recent HSMP JR judgment was also made in support of the 4 yr. ILR claim by the appellant.

regards

javaid10

Letter to Immigration Minister

Post by javaid10 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:31 am

bani

Post by bani » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am

QMalik wrote:Hello,

Need advice please, I in one of those covered by JR. I have been in permanent employment since last 18 months. Now my extension is due in next 2 months. Unluckily due to current financial crises, my employer started cutting staff. I am in one of victoms of those. I m still in job but wouldnt be in a month time. I have gone through the application form it asks whether ' you are in emplyment or unemployed'. As all are aware the criteria for extension requires financial active. Although I feel my self financially active, but I had to fill un employed if I wont be able to find any new job till then. Can any body please help? Should I apply extension quite early to be in the employment catogory when I apply? or I should wait n then give all true information.

Thanks
Apply early. Say that you are currently employed but need early approval because you are looking for another job. This is true and a valid reason. If you have savings in the bank, I think you will be ok. I've read you need to show that you have been employed 12 of the last 15 months. So even if you apply next month you'll be ok. But in your situation, you need the visa ASAP to find another employer. Good luck.

ranco2000

Re: Letter to Immigration Minister

Post by ranco2000 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:30 am

what a waste of time :lol: why dont they do something useful. :roll:
javaid10 wrote:Letter to Phil Woolas

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:43 pm

HO was required to sumbit a response by 29th Oct but it seems they (HO)have asked for more time and the court has extended the deadline until 19-Nov.

regards

ABPI
Newly Registered

Post by ABPI » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 am

Any updates on the JR, please?

Thanks.

GREENBACK1

Post by GREENBACK1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Whatever happened to the ILR update? Last heard HO was given an extended deadline of 19 Nov. Any more action after that? Please update. Regards.

sushdmehta wrote:HO was required to sumbit a response by 29th Oct but it seems they (HO)have asked for more time and the court has extended the deadline until 19-Nov.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:02 pm

Home Office requested for another extension .. till Nove. 26th. Let's see if they file a response by tomorrow or ask the court for (yet) another extension.

regards

dx1129
Newly Registered

Post by dx1129 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:54 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Home Office requested for another extension .. till Nove. 26th. Let's see if they file a response by tomorrow or ask the court for (yet) another extension.

regards
any update today? what HO said in their letter, or requested another extension?

javaid10

ILR JR Permission

Post by javaid10 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:47 pm

ILR JR permission is granted

http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/ILR_JR_Permission_doc.pdf

Hopefully hearing could be started before march 2009.

dx1129 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Home Office requested for another extension .. till Nove. 26th. Let's see if they file a response by tomorrow or ask the court for (yet) another extension.

regards

Otake

Re: ILR JR Permission

Post by Otake » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:46 pm

javaid10 wrote:ILR JR permission is granted

http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/ILR_JR_Permission_doc.pdf

Hopefully hearing could be started before march 2009.

dx1129 wrote:

regards
If hearing will be 4 months from now, then how long does it take normally?

I also wonder what will hapen when someone is reached his/her 5th year and court decided at that time that ILR can be taken in 4 years. Isn't it a complete one year delay for nothing or would they provide some kind of compensation like immediate citizinship since you require another year after ILR for citizinship?

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:15 pm

The initial permission is granted means this JR has merit to consider. Hopefully HSMPians will win as previous JR was successful which is very much similar to present one.

If so, then UK Govt. should compensate its for the ppl who have stayed nearly 5 years and waiting for ILR in this way giving them citizenship directly. In this situation HO will be really in mess again. Just my thoughts though..

mohdh

Post by mohdh » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Before asking for compensation first try to go and contribute to the other forum towards the JR. HSMPians should stop having free lunch.

[quote="willnotbackHSMP"]The initial permission is granted means this JR has merit to consider. Hopefully HSMPians will win as previous JR was successful which is very much similar to present one.

If so, then UK Govt. should compensate its for the ppl who have stayed nearly 5 years and waiting for ILR in this way giving them citizenship directly. In this situation HO will be really in mess again. Just my thoughts though..[/quote]

ABPI
Newly Registered

Post by ABPI » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Dear Colleague

Without any offence, how do you know that willnotbackHSMP or even myself have not contributed to the Forum?

Hope you will not mind.

mohdh

Post by mohdh » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:25 pm

I saw his previous posts of opposing the other forum's work.

[quote="ABPI"]Dear Colleague

Without any offence, how do you know that willnotbackHSMP or even myself have not contributed to the Forum?

Hope you will not mind.[/quote]

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:42 pm

ABPI wrote:Dear Colleague

Hope you will not mind.
Exactly !

If the said guy appealed for contribution the other forum, then he could give more polite statement not rude like this. Polite manner costs nothing, man !

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:44 pm

mohdh wrote:I saw his previous posts of opposing the other forum's work.

Hope you will not mind.
You wrong man !..Can you give any link as prove what wants to say ??

GREENBACK1

Post by GREENBACK1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:41 pm

All you people want to do is point fingers and fight each other rather than do somethng constructive like supporting the other forum (if you have not so far). Looking at the way you guys are bickering over non-issues makes me wish that you were never granted HSMP in the first place. You MAY be highly skilled but are highly uncivlised for sure. stop pointing fingers and try to do something good... if not for the HSMP Forum, but for atlest your own good.

willnotbackHSMP wrote:
mohdh wrote:I saw his previous posts of opposing the other forum's work.

Hope you will not mind.
You wrong man !..Can you give any link as prove what wants to say ??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 am

A request for expedited hearing should be made (if it can be, at this stage).

Personal opinion.

regards

murthyy

Post by murthyy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:54 am

Found this on the other forum;

Lack of funds !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Members,

We do not see how we can go forward for this JR without having enough funds at our disposal.

It is important that everyone actively participates in raising donations. A full hearing would cost us atleast £ 15,000 and more + costs of the other side if we loose, which can be atleast £ 30,000 and more.

We would suggest everyone to make sure all those who are interested in this battle makes a donation of atleast £100 and more. Those who are economically well off need to raise the benchmark. If you work in organisations wherein there are a number of HSMP holders then ensure that they all contribute.

As discussed with senior committee members this can be yet another landmark case which can positively impact everyone including those who are to get their ILR in 5 years as promised by Home Office. It can safe guard allmost everyone's rights from the new upcoming immigration and citizenship bill.

So everyone come forward voluntarily and rather than just pulling out money from your pocket spread the word around.

Best Regards

GREENBACK1

Post by GREENBACK1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Totally agree. Since the time being spent is also of vital importance in the ILR JR. In fact, the JR is for the length of time itself, so makes sense that the case is heard asap and a decision given soon.

sushdmehta wrote:A request for expedited hearing should be made (if it can be, at this stage).

Personal opinion.

regards

javaid10

Contributions...!

Post by javaid10 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:58 am

Guys,

Please, can anyone who has not joined the other forum, join and make thier contributions towards HSMPian and thier own interest.

This is our turn to contribute now..

So please lets make the difference..

Best Regards
Javed

GREENBACK1

Re: Contributions...!

Post by GREENBACK1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:52 pm

A lot of people are doubting if the HSMP Forum is in need of funds. A solution to remove the doubt could be that the Forum could post its finances/expenditure list on its site. The transparency will help convince people that funds ARE really needed.
javaid10 wrote:Guys,

Please, can anyone who has not joined the other forum, join and make thier contributions towards HSMPian and thier own interest.

This is our turn to contribute now..

So please lets make the difference..

Best Regards
Javed

javaid10

Doubts...!

Post by javaid10 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Everyone has a choice to join the battle against unfairness and unlawfull actions of HO or not to participate in the legal battle.