ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We really got exhausted :(:( , we made ILR application SET(M) 1.5 year ago

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dinushka

NEED HELP :( , ILR application SET(M), 7-months have passed with no any response

Post by dinushka » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:14 am

hi member,
I'm in very confused situation and need help. My wife applied for her and child's ILR 7 months ago. The biometrics and application been submited on 2th June 2020, by SOPRA-STERIA UKVCAS (Birmingham-UK). I did send an email after finishing the 6 months, on complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk. But did not get any rsponse/reply. Now we don't know what to do now. Please help/guide me :( :( .

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NEED HELP :( , ILR application SET(M), 7-months have passed with no any response

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:23 pm

dinushka wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:14 am
hi member,
I'm in very confused situation and need help. My wife applied for her and child's ILR 7 months ago. The biometrics and application been submited on 2th June 2020, by SOPRA-STERIA UKVCAS (Birmingham-UK). I did send an email after finishing the 6 months, on complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk. But did not get any rsponse/reply. Now we don't know what to do now. Please help/guide me :( :( .

Regards
Wait to hear back. Some applications may take more than 6 months to be decided
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dinushka

Re: NEED HELP :( , ILR application SET(M), 7-months have passed with no any response

Post by dinushka » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:14 pm

could I ask how long I should wait, while 6 months supposed to be max time? But just in case, if I don't hear even after 8 months (just in case), what is the way to ask about the application? I can't find any way to reach to homeoffice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:17 pm

dinushka wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:14 pm
could I ask how long I should wait, while 6 months supposed to be max time? But just in case, if I don't hear even after 8 months (just in case), what is the way to ask about the application? I can't find any way to reach to homeoffice.
There is no max time. You should ideally expect a decision within 6 months but complex applications can take longer. UKVI does not provide any updates and if you contact them you get a generic response.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:23 am

Yes Zimba, that's what i'm feeling and this is the thing which making us upset that there is no any proper way which we can find to ask why this is taking that long or what is the reasnon for this delay? I thought I would write over here to get some guideance and help. But you are also saying that don't do nothing and just sit and wait, which seems weird for me :( :( .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm

You will not get any updates or reasons. This has been the case for all the applicants who had similar circumstances. You can go ahead and contact UKVI or your MP but the results will the same

dinushka

NEED Advice :( , we made ILR application SET(M) 1 year ago

Post by dinushka » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:47 pm

hi member,

I really need your advice or help as I don't know what to do, or to who we should contact etc. I made ILR application of my wife and child, last year in first week of May-2021. It is going to be one year now in few days, and we have not any response from Home-Office. It seems for us that we have put our application in well. We are very confused and upset, as we can't plan any international travel etc. Please help us or guide us that what we should do in this situation???

regards

vinny

Re: NEED Advice :( , we made ILR application SET(M) 1 year ago

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:53 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:37 pm

Vinny the link you shared with me? is it something I need to pay for the service?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:58 pm

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:01 pm

Oh, if you want a general update, then they
will not respond to progress enquiries if you used our online complaints form.

The following pages offer alternative customer contact information:
Apparently, they also fail to respond to email complaints?
Contact The Rt Hon Priti Patel MP and your own Member of Parliament to see if they can help?

Note: What you can expect us to do
  • respond to your enquiries in full
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:49 am

hi guys,

we really need your help. we did send letters to Priti Patel, to our local MP, to Home Office liverpool. But no one responded us. We are extremely upset and have not idea what to do in this situation. It is one year and one month now.

Please help and guide us

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:18 pm

Please??

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:49 am

You may seek to apply for a judicial review against the Home Office but that is a legal process under the administrative law, so you should seek proper legal advice from legal professionals and file a pre-action protocol. I personally do not see much merit in this but this might propel the HO to act on your application

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:25 am

Additionally, their response is an absence of response?
If you’re not satisfied
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can ask us to review the matter.

A senior member of staff will carry out an independent review of your complaint. They will provide you with further details within 20 working days of the date when you ask for a review.

If you’re still not satisfied at this stage, you may be able to raise the matter with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who may be able to help you.

dinushka

We really got exhausted :(:( , we made ILR application SET(M) 1.5 year ago

Post by dinushka » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:14 pm

hi member,

I really need your advice or help as I don't know what to do, or to who we should contact etc. I made ILR application of my wife and child, last year May-2021. It is one and half year, and we have not got any response from Home-Office. We are very worried, confused and upset. Please help us or guide us that what we should do in this situation??? I wrote number complaints via emails to Home Office but response, I posted a letter with special delivery, no response, we did contact the Local MP number of times, but he is also not getting any response. We really got exhausted.

regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:50 pm

How about the advice given to you in June ?
Zimba wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:49 am
You may seek to apply for a judicial review against the Home Office but that is a legal process under the administrative law, so you should seek proper legal advice from legal professionals and file a pre-action protocol. I personally do not see much merit in this but this might propel the HO to act on your application

dinushka

Re: We really got exhausted :(:( , we made ILR application SET(M) 1.5 year ago

Post by dinushka » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:59 pm

No, I did not go for Pre-Action Protocol. I thought it might can go against me to take legal action against HO. Is this not the case? :(

Also, I don't know nothing about this Pre-Action Protocol, if you guide me on this please.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:12 am

Also try
vinny wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:25 am
Additionally, their response is an absence of response?
If you’re not satisfied
If you’re still not satisfied at this stage, you may be able to raise the matter with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who may be able to help you.
See also How to write a pre-action letter that makes the Home Office change its mind

and some writing tips on clarity and grace, concise, etc.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:44 pm

hi members,

after the one year and eight months, we got a very disappointing response from home office, and I really need your help guys, as we are very upset. The Home Office simply said that

"We have not received any application fee payment or enrolment of biometrics from yourself. If you have paid, please can you provide a payment reference number."
And when I provided them all the documentary proofs of my payment in pdf format and booking confirmations via email, including
-UKVCAS appointment confirmation and VAT invoice (Invoice number and Date of payment)
- UKVI application fee invoice Reference number (UKVI_xxxxxxx), amount of £4816.40 with name and date.

and then they replied me that "Unfortunately we cannot find an active application on our systems" .

oo my God, can you believe on this response???

Please guide me that what I should do now??? We are very upset.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:04 am

any help??

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:34 pm

Did you also provide the UAN rather than the payment references? I suspect the older references/details may get archived on their systems, so they cannot find it initially when they search.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:21 pm

Yes, I did provide the UAN number. which was like this xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx :( . We are very confused that what we should do now.

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:58 pm

any help??

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:14 pm

dinushka wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:58 pm
any help??
I suggest filing a complaint again and also aiming for a PAP. I suggest seeking professional legal advice at this point for a judicial review