ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meself2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:57 pm

rks9004 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:31 pm
Same here , applied July 2021 and got the passport returned in Nov 2021 and nothing since then. Hopefully based on your FOI looks like it might take 4 more weeks so hopefully will receive e-vetting by then. Can you let me know how much time do they take to respond to FOI ?
FOI should be independent from the decision making process and I'd say that's FOI which asks for 4 more weeks, not ISD.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:59 pm

Exactly

They need 4 more weeks to respond my FOI, not to progress my naturalization.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:12 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:45 pm
griffith2 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:21 pm
I am not sure if the timeline given by the department are actually followed.

My vetting invitation states that the file will be submitted to the minister in the next 12 weeks after doing background checks.

Not sure if this is a generic letter that's given to everyone else or just mine.
I think that their response can be typical for applicants who can go for a judicial review just because of the time that passed since they submitted their application. So in your case (I think you applied on April 2021?) you could go for a judicial review in March 2023 (that is 23 months since the application was submitted).

I can post the exact wording of the vetting invitation correspondence letter from the department.

" your client's application for naturalisation is being prepared for submission to the minister. I expect your client's case will be submitted to the minister for decision within a period of 12 weeks following the completion of background checks"

I have seen a vetting letter of someone else but it doesn't mention 12 weeks anywhere on there letter but mine.

I wonder if anyone else received a similar letter and their case was finalised within a few weeks ?

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:28 am

Anyone seen the 2023 timelines? Seriously someone needs to raise this with their local TD's, the Minister and or get the media involved. They are getting Acknowledgment and vetting invitations literally in a handful of days, whereas those who applied in 2022 are waiting around six months just for the acknowledgment letters! What the hell is going on??

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:45 am

Have you contacted tour local TD or Minister. They are processing the 2023 ones in a few weeks! Seems completely random and like the 2021 and 2022 applications are being left in a black hole. The cynic in me would think that they are having to show stats for 2023 to the Minister or similar, so are just speeding through those applications, whilst the 2021 and 2022 ones sit on someone's desk gathering dust!
KristinaT wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:29 pm
My husband (July 2021 Stamp 4 nonEU) got e-vetting January 2023.
I applied the same time (July 2021), but got nothing from November 2021 when got acknowledgement said 12 month usually required to got a decision.

I applied for FOI and they responded they need more time to process it (4 more weeks).

Very confused and upset for the process, seems almost everyone from 2021 already got it even 2023 got e-vetting...

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:54 pm

I applied in February 2021. The evetting was viewed back in November I think…

Can’t believe how slow this process is. In my situation, I don’t really need citizenship, and so doesn’t matter that’s it’s been nearly 2 years….but still.

Romblon1965
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Romblon1965 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:42 am

Palantir wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:28 am
Anyone seen the 2023 timelines? Seriously someone needs to raise this with their local TD's, the Minister and or get the media involved. They are getting Acknowledgment and vetting invitations literally in a handful of days, whereas those who applied in 2022 are waiting around six months just for the acknowledgment letters! What the hell is going on??
It s a real scandal and I am disgusted to read about this. Whoever applied towards the end of 2021 received an acknowledgment around June 2022, 7/8 months later.

There are still a lot of pending applications as they have not processed all 2021 yet.

Who applies in January 2023 gets acknowledgment and e vetting in a few days only?

It is so unfair, this has nothing to do with an application being straight forward or not, there s no ratio in what these people are doing, playing with other s people lives, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I feel like crying.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:51 am

Romblon1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:42 am
Palantir wrote:
It s a real scandal and I am disgusted to read about this. Whoever applied towards the end of 2021 received an acknowledgment around June 2022, 7/8 months later.

There are still a lot of pending applications as they have not processed all 2021 yet.

Who applies in January 2023 gets acknowledgment and e vetting in a few days only?

It is so unfair, this has nothing to do with an application being straight forward or not, there s no ratio in what these people are doing, playing with other s people lives, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I feel like crying.
I believe you are over reacting. Yes it's not cool that they are sending acknowledgment letters to 2023 applicants so quick. And no one is playing with anyone's lives come on.

About the acknowledgment, my guess is till 2023 they were checking all the documents upon arrival, if you have enough residence days, if all required documents were included and only then sending acknowledgment letter. Right now they are probably just sending the acknowledgment letters without checking any documents as it would be too quick to achieve that.

So before 2023 you would have to wait 6-7 months to see if you qualify to apply for citizenship then get your application number. Nowadays they just send the application number and if there is any problem then they will reject the application at later stage. Or they found a miracle way to check 100 pages of application in a day or two which I doubt.

About eVetting, that form just asks for permission to send them eVetting upfront. They won't be getting any eVetting a week or a month after sending that form back. Average application processing time is still 19 months and if they do eVetting at the beginning of the application process then that will be invalid till the approval from minister stage. So those people will most likely get eVetting like a month or before their approval still.

If anyone is applied in 2021 and still not resolved request FOI and if you pass 23 months stage then just send JR threatening letter via a solicitor.

Romblon1965
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Romblon1965 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:51 am
Romblon1965 wrote:
Palantir wrote:

I feel like crying.
I believe you are over reacting. Yes it's not cool that they are sending acknowledgment letters to 2023 applicants so quick. And no one is playing with anyone's lives come on.

About the acknowledgment, my guess is till 2023 they were checking all the documents upon arrival, if you have enough residence days, if all required documents were included and only then sending acknowledgment letter. Right now they are probably just sending the acknowledgment letters without checking any documents as it would be too quick to achieve that.

So before 2023 you would have to wait 6-7 months to see if you qualify to apply for citizenship then get your application number. Nowadays they just send the application number and if there is any problem then they will reject the application at later stage. Or they found a miracle way to check 100 pages of application in a day or two which I doubt.

About eVetting, that form just asks for permission to send them eVetting upfront. They won't be getting any eVetting a week or a month after sending that form back. Average application processing time is still 19 months and if they do eVetting at the beginning of the application process then that will be invalid till the approval from minister stage. So those people will most likely get eVetting like a month or before their approval still.

If anyone is applied in 2021 and still not resolved request FOI and if you pass 23 months stage then just send JR threatening letter via a solicitor.
Thanks for your reply,

Certainly my post was written in distress and I apologise if I have offended anyone.

I do not see why they should send acknowledgement and e vetting without checking any documents, it does not make sense to me, I do not see any ratio in this behavior.

I would just like to see more transparency on the process, like everybody else I guess.

What I meant is that the outcome of a citizenship application has a huge impact on people s lives, the process should be followed as fairly as possible, and evidently, it is not.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:23 pm

I'm personally in favour of doing the process and sending acknowledgement letter earlier; it provides assurance to people that their documents reached Tipp fine. Sure, there's An Post confirmation if delivery is tracked (I assume there's no madman sending docs with unregistered post), but for me 6 month wait until the first letter was a nightmare.
Also, acknowledgement letter does not guarantee that your documents and/or application are fine and correct (eg see this post post2076325.html#p2076325 where TCC was asked after acknowledgement letter was received), so nothing changed for the timelines.

I see your point, Romblon, as a 2021 applicant who didn't even get eVetting, and would prefer they'd fix their backlog so that they can fully focus on working with scorecard system, for example, but it is what it is. I'm happy that people applying now are better off than we are; no point of making them go through the same hoops of waiting for acknowledgement for ages if there's a way to avoid it.

If you want transparency - go for FOI, see what they did to your documents and post it on the forums (good example here - ireland/citizenship-application-process ... 73543.html) or ask questions to ISD/MPs. That's the best we as applicants can do,
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:29 pm

Basically there are still people from late 2021 up to mid 2022 still waiting for evetting, whilst people from early 2022 got everything done and dusted in 8 months! Now seven plus months post application from mid-2022 and only got acknowledgment letter a few weeks ago. Straightforward application. No consistency at all. Sounds like a complete shambles.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:29 pm

Romblon1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm
mentalmind wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:51 am
Romblon1965 wrote:
Palantir wrote:

I feel like crying.

Thanks for your reply,

Certainly my post was written in distress and I apologise if I have offended anyone.

I do not see why they should send acknowledgement and e vetting without checking any documents, it does not make sense to me, I do not see any ratio in this behavior.

I would just like to see more transparency on the process, like everybody else I guess.

What I meant is that the outcome of a citizenship application has a huge impact on people s lives, the process should be followed as fairly as possible, and evidently, it is not.
This answer of mine is purely speculation also. They probably don't want to make people wait for 6-7 months with not even any acknowledgment, like it happened to pre 2023 applications. They want to shut up people by giving them an application number which won't mean anything. Also people do change their address or add more documents to their application and without acknowledgment number it must be even harder to locate it.

About transparency, actually there is only few steps. Receiving of documents, checking documents and sending to minister. They won't ever tell you why it takes so long to check your documents. Either they forgot about your documents or they are waiting for info/documents from another department.

The only solution is requiring less documents and using electronic system for communication. Sending details by email to applicants instead of post. Assuming Ireland can barely manage electronic system, even for IRP applications this is a long time process.

Most of the electronic evolution caused by Covid19, till then whole process (not only citizenship but all immigration system) was old style. Justice Department is being proud of themselves just because they offered an online card payment option, which is a must at the first place

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:32 pm

Palantir wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:29 pm
Basically there are still people from late 2021 up to mid 2022 still waiting for evetting, whilst people from early 2022 got everything done and dusted in 8 months! Now seven plus months post application from mid-2022 and only got acknowledgment letter a few weeks ago. Straightforward application. No consistency at all. Sounds like a complete shambles.
Well there are people waiting from 2019 or even from 2018. Like I said, check the acknowledgment letter, it should say 23 months or maybe 19 months for processing time. If that time is up, send them an email first then threaten JR way. Till then they can just make you wait.

If you completed 12 year wait time, do FOI. You can see FOI results but again that info will be useless before 23 month period is over.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 pm

Not questioning the role of FOI/JR. Just saying as a law-abiding and tax paying resident, we should get better. Shambles of a "service".
mentalmind wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:32 pm
Palantir wrote:
Well there are people waiting from 2019 or even from 2018. Like I said, check the acknowledgment letter, it should say 23 months or maybe 19 months for processing time. If that time is up, send them an email first then threaten JR way. Till then they can just make you wait.

If you completed 12 year wait time, do FOI. You can see FOI results but again that info will be useless before 23 month period is over.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 pm

Not questioning the role of FOI/JR. Just saying as a law-abiding and tax paying resident, we should get better. Shambles of a "service".
mentalmind wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:32 pm
Palantir wrote:

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:39 pm

Palantir wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 pm
I agree with you 1000%

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:41 pm

Palantir wrote:
eVetting, while being close to an approval stage, still doesn't confirm you're close - some folks can get eVetted twice/three times (eg post2082602.html#p2082602), others are asked for more info after eVetting (eg post2093365.html#p2093365). I can just hope they're holding it off till ceremony time is near for '21 applications, so it's not out of date before it.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:43 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:39 pm
Palantir wrote:
I agree with you 1000%
Indeed. At least it gets better for new folks.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:51 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:43 pm
mentalmind wrote:
Palantir wrote:
I agree with you 1000%
we even dont know if they might be requested even evetting once again, or will be waiting 19-X months. since less cases and it is hard to predict what they are going to do next

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:54 pm

Sorry???
jesonnn wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:51 pm
meself2 wrote:
mentalmind wrote:
Palantir wrote:
I agree with you 1000%
we even dont know if they might be requested even evetting once again, or will be waiting 19-X months. since less cases and it is hard to predict what they are going to do next

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:04 pm

Palantir wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:54 pm
Sorry???
jesonnn wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:51 pm
meself2 wrote:
mentalmind wrote:
Palantir wrote:
I agree with you 1000%
evetting together with application number started in this year, we dont know how it will affect in future, it was not one case people are being requested to provide second time evetting if long time since latest one

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 am

Well there was no news update yesterday so it won't be in March probably. Hopefully in April :/

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:09 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 am
Well there was no news update yesterday so it won't be in March probably. Hopefully in April :/
Agree, waiting for tomorrow last chance and then wait for news at March

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:39 am

Prashantckc wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:42 pm
Still no update for Dec 2021 application

Anyone who applied in Dec 21 know of getting garda notifications

Still awaiting any further communication, applied in Dec-21 and just have reference number on June-22. No further updates. On this post I don't even see any one getting evetting from Nov-21 (apart from few people). Fingers crossed, its been almost 14 months since the application.

rks9004
Mood:
India

Post by rks9004 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:53 pm

Applied in July 2021 and still awaiting for evetting.