ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 in Chenchoolia case

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lenovo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 in Chenchoolia case

Post by lenovo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:15 am

Hi,

HAS ANYONE RECEIVED STAMP 4 IN CHENCHOOLIA CASE.
I RECEIVED MY TEMP STAMP 1 IN INCHENCHOOLIA CASE IN JULY 2022
PLEASE GUIDE ME WHAT TO DO NEXT. IS DEPARTMENT IS ISSUING STAMP 4 OR STILL RENEWING STAMP 1.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED FOR STAMP 4.

THANKS

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 in Chenchoolia case

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:38 am

Not sure what it's all in caps.

Depends on your individual circumstances. Did you apply via EUTR5 and got it straight away or some other way, eg via courts? What's stated in the ISD letter you were given to apply with, removing personal information?

Not extremely familiar with EUTR, but temporary stamp sounds like something you would be given before main application is decided so you're a lawful resident here; I would assume that's the case here, as it was given for 6 months. If yes, you need to wait until final decision is made (that's when you get your stamp 4, if approved) and ask them to provide you with temporary stamps in the meantime.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:52 pm

@meself2

Do you know what the Chenchoolia judgement is?

keep quiet if you don't know anything. I am reading your comments everywhere and most of the time you give wrong information based on poor knowledge or assumptions.

Don’t try to copy @littlerr, he has the knowledge and his given information is much more credible.

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:01 pm

I personally know someone who got stamp 1 for two years and in the letter it's mentioned that we are giving you stamp 1 for two years and in the meantime the department will decide which stamp to give (stamp 4 or they might create a new one GOD knows). So still on wait. But the good thing is that this given stamp 1 is reckonable.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:03 pm

SeanDub wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:52 pm
Do you know what the Chenchoolia judgement is?
I have basic understanding of it. My knowledge is far from many others on the board, but I would consider myself able to provide at least initial guidance.
SeanDub wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:52 pm
I am reading your comments everywhere and most of the time you give wrong information based on poor knowledge or assumptions.
Your call. Please do correct me, if you consider my information inaccurate; I'll take critique.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

lenovo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenovo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:50 pm

personally know someone who got stamp 1 for two years and in the letter it's mentioned that we are giving you stamp 1 for two years and in the meantime the department will decide which stamp to give (stamp 4 or they might create a new one GOD knows). So still on wait. But the good thing is that this given stamp 1 is reckonable.
[/quote]

SeanDub thanks for reply,

I heard that some people got stamp 4 for two years or three years.
Can you explain please, if your friend got two years stamp 1 on first time or at the time of renewal.
I got my stamp 1 for the first-time last year which will be expired in July 2023.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:51 am

I’m not a legal expert and @obie is probably more suited in these areas.

As far as I understand, the Chenchooliah case is focused on procedural correctness - that is, what procedures and legislations can be used to remove a person. The preliminary findings on that was the minister used wrong procedures to try to (more quickly) deport the person, whereas the correct procedure might take more time or efforts from INIS. Per new legislation in 2021, the minister needs to assess the grounds for consideration of deportation, and within that period of consideration, the person will be issued with a temporary permission (Stamp 1 in this case).

My understanding is that if the assessment has not been completed by the minister / INIS, the person should continue having temporary permissions of Stamp 1. Switching to a different permission such as Stamp 4 might not be possible though, unless the minister personally grants that for a different or exceptional reason.

Unfortunately there is no published steps on INIS’s website regarding how the permission can be renewed. I would suggest that you read the original permission letter. Usually these letters will include some wordings on how to renew the permission. If they are not there, there is no harm sending a letter to INIS (use letters rather than emails, as most of the online INIS support team don’t have a clue either).

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:43 am

@lenovo

He got stamp 1 first time, renewal is too far.

azee81
Ireland

Post by azee81 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:57 pm

they give me 3 years renewable stamp 1 after first year on stamp 1 ,
they ask me to contact local immigration office for renewal just want to know if i can renew online rather than going to burg quay as iam living in dublin

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:41 pm

azee81 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:57 pm
they give me 3 years renewable stamp 1 after first year on stamp 1 ,
they ask me to contact local immigration office for renewal just want to know if i can renew online rather than going to burg quay as iam living in dublin
Yes, Burgh Quay is only for first time registrations.

lenovo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenovo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:44 pm

@Azeem81

can you tell me what documents they asked and how long they took to issue three years stamp 1
Are you allowed to do business on this stamp

azee81
Ireland

Post by azee81 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:55 am

they ask me for basic documents payslips bank statement employer letter proof of address etc and yes they allow me to do bussiness on this stamp also was allowed on ist stamp which was for one year

lenovo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenovo » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Hi Azeem81,

can you tell me please how long they took to issue you three years stamp after sending the documents. I heard that they are giving stamp 4. in my one-year stamp they mentioned that i cannot do business. Now they send me a letter to submit documents from 2018.

azee81
Ireland

Post by azee81 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:01 pm

they took about a month but i never heard any body got stamp 4 in this case yet if you have any info please share

ali2023
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ali2023 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:43 am

Hi Lenovo,
Have you got the extension after sending the documents?

ali2023
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ali2023 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:41 am

Hi Mr Azeem,
Last month I have sent the documents to the Department as they required for further residency permission. Do you have any information how long time they take to complete the process and which stamp they are giving?

Thanks

azee81
Ireland

Post by azee81 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:21 pm

for me it took one month but you can send them reminder rpat department reply very quick .to me they issue three year stamp 1