ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refree and 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf forms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haricsree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Refree and 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf forms

Post by haricsree » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:52 pm

Hi,

I have applied Naturalisation Online for my wife(who is on ILR from 2016) and my kid(also on ILR from 2016) recently. I have submitted by neighbours(who are British Citizens and IT Professionals) as 1st and 2nd Refrees. These two should be signing the 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf forms, right?

But in the 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf form, it says the following:

Requirements of a referee
Each referee should know the applicant personally.
Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has
professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a
professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this
application).
For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British
citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

Can someone clear this confusion for me, please?

Regards,
Sree.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Refree and 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf forms

Post by Ticktack » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:49 am

haricsree wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:52 pm
Hi,

I have applied Naturalisation Online for my wife(who is on ILR from 2016) and my kid(also on ILR from 2016) recently. I have submitted by neighbours(who are British Citizens and IT Professionals) as 1st and 2nd Refrees. These two should be signing the 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf forms, right?

But in the 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf form, it says the following:

Requirements of a referee
Each referee should know the applicant personally.
Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has
professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a
professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this
application).
For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British
citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

Can someone clear this confusion for me, please?

Regards,
Sree.
This questions are answered almost everyday on this forum. If you read previous posts, you would find the answers you need.

IT professional wouldn't work as a professional referee. Look at the list carefully and pick someone from there. The person doesn't even have to be British.

HO aren't really fussy about kids, the same person(s), can referee you wife and kids.

The other referee can be anyone, he/she doesn't have to even work. They just need to be a Brit and over the age of 25.

FYI, the referees cannot be related to the applicants or each other.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

haricsree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Refree and 1st_Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf forms

Post by haricsree » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:40 pm

Sorry @Ticktack, I searched with Refree and did not go through all the results.

I have already submitted the forms now with my neighbours as 1st Refree and 2nd Refree. As mentioned in the other posts, I will stay clam and wait for Home Office to contact me.

For others sake, I will post an update when I get anything from Home Office.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sree.