ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application submission

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kikzz77
Newly Registered
India

ILR application submission

Post by kikzz77 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:27 pm

Hello
I am not sure if this has been asked before. I am in a situation where I do have some immediate upcoming travel plans.
My husband and son are applying for ILR (Tier 2 PBS Dependent 5 year route) in April. They came on ICT visa in 2016 and converted to my dependant in 2018. They switched in the UK and the BRP issue date is May 08 ,2018.
Assuming they are eligible for applying ILR after April 10, 2023, I do have few questions around the application submission. Hope you can help
Is it possible to submit the ILR application for both of them by March 15, 2023 and get the biometrics booked after April, 10 2023 (assuming we have 45 days to get the biometrics booked in after application submission).
Reason for doing this : I have a travel planned mid of May,2023.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application submission

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:39 pm

Are they traveling with you? If yes, they cannot leave the uk while they have a pending application with ukvi. If the do leave the uk, their application will be considered withdrawn and you lose the fees paid
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kikzz77
Newly Registered
India

Post by kikzz77 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:54 pm

Yes....they are travelling with me. But, I do have plans to get the application booked on priority. I am not planning to travel whilst the application is in process.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:35 pm

Priority and super priority service are not guaranteed and not always available. Many members have recently posted waiting mny weeks for a decision after paying for the faster service.

Then she still has to wait for her brp and some members report delays with these too.

When do their dependent visa expire?

How long are you travelling for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kikzz77
Newly Registered
India

Post by kikzz77 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:04 pm

I do understand there are these issues with wait time and service not being available. Worst case I will cancel my travel plan. But, I will certainly wait for the BRP to be in hand before we plan for any travel. Just wanted to know whether there is a possibility to submit the application after March 15 and book a biometrics appointment after April 10,2023. Because, If I submit the application after April 10, 2023 and try to book a biometrics after that, I certainly cannot make my travel plan in mid May for sure. Trying to keep my options open here.
The current visa expires mid June and we won't be back by then.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:12 pm

You can book biometrics one day in advance if you are willing to pay. There are even same day appointments.

kikzz77
Newly Registered
India

Post by kikzz77 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:03 am

I am trying to see if I could get some free slots if I book in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:25 am

kikzz77 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:03 am
I am trying to see if I could get some free slots if I book in advance.
Not sure what you mean by booking in advance, presumably you mean after submitting the application as that is the only point you can book biometric appointments. The free appointments are few as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kikzz77
Newly Registered
India

Post by kikzz77 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:38 am

@CR001 yes...that is what I meant to book the appointment after the application is submitted. Could you please confirm based on the scenario that I mentioned whether I will be able to submit the application after March 15 and book a biometrics appointment after April 10,2023 even though my dependents are only eligible for ILR after April 10,2023.
The reason for asking is as I am not sure if it is the application submission date or the biometrics date that is being looked at to verify whether the applicant is eligible for ILR.
If it is the application submission date, then I will hold onto my thoughts and wait until they are actually eligible on April 10,2023.

One more thing. at what part of the application process do we know that we could book in a priority service.
1. After the application is submitted and amount is paid. Or
2. Before we book the biometrics at UKVCAS

Thanks for all the valuable information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:03 am

The plan should work as long as they are eligible when application is considered.

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment

If priority service is available, it is at the payment stage that you get the option. If you don't get the option and submit and pay, you cannot upgrade to priority afterwards.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kikzz77
Newly Registered
India

Post by kikzz77 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:05 am

Thanks for the confirmation @CR001