ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mentioning visa refusal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cooolz

mentioning visa refusal

Post by cooolz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:50 am

I forgot to mention a business visa refusal for a non uk European country in a uk visit visa application and traveled to uk on visit visa. No reason was provided for refusal for that non uk country. Now applying for uk T2 visa. Should I mention this now ? Will the T2 visa be rejected if i mention it now ? Will it create problems for future or ilr? Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: mentioning visa refusal

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:55 am

cooolz wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:50 am
I forgot to mention a business visa refusal for a non uk European country in a uk visit visa application and traveled to uk on visit visa. No reason was provided for refusal for that non uk country. Now applying for uk T2 visa. Should I mention this now ? Will the T2 visa be rejected if i mention it now ? Will it create problems for future or ilr? Thanks
Declare it, better be open than be caught out with deception . People do get refused visas and go on to get other visas to same country or others just as tou got the UK visa afterwards. So far you meet the requirements of the one being applied for now.

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:50 pm

"9.8.3A. Unless 9.8.1. applies, an application for entry clearance, permission to enter or permission to stay may be refused where a person used deception in relation to a previous application (whether or not successfully)."

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:06 pm

With this immigration rule , looks like it will be refused. Still should i mention it ?
cooolz wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:50 pm
"9.8.3A. Unless 9.8.1. applies, an application for entry clearance, permission to enter or permission to stay may be refused where a person used deception in relation to a previous application (whether or not successfully)."

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm

cooolz wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:06 pm
With this immigration rule , looks like it will be refused. Still should i mention it ?
cooolz wrote:
It may be refused, not will be.
Also, if you are not going to mention this now, how can you be sure it is not going to come to light later, when you will be applying for ILR, for example? It's less of a big deal if you mention it early. State it as it is. As was told above, if you're meeting the requirements for your current visa and show it's an honest mistake, you'll be fine.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:56 pm

thanks for the advice, should i explain in the cover letter ? or this is not required
meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm
cooolz wrote:
cooolz wrote:
Also, if you are not going to mention this now, how can you be sure it is not going to come to light later, when you will be applying for ILR, for example? It's less of a big deal if you mention it early. State it as it is. As was told above, if you're meeting the requirements for your current visa and show it's an honest mistake, you'll be fine.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:52 am

cooolz wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:56 pm
thanks for the advice, should i explain in the cover letter ? or this is not required
meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm
cooolz wrote:
cooolz wrote:
Either mention and or explain its your choice, just bring it to light.