ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Article 50 TEU Issued under Article 18(4) of the withdrawal agreement Travel to UK without additional Uk stander visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Corw
United Kingdom

Article 50 TEU Issued under Article 18(4) of the withdrawal agreement Travel to UK without additional Uk stander visa

Post by Corw » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:11 pm

Hi
Can someone please assist me if I can travel with my spouse to Uk.I am UK citizen and my husband got visa under Withdrawal agreement in Eu treaty rights. My husband has Pakistani passport. Does he need visa to travel to Uk? or He can travel with Residence permit which bearing article 50 TEU Issued under article 18(4) of the withdrawal agreement
Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Article 50 TEU Issued under Article 18(4) of the withdrawal agreement Travel to UK without additional Uk stander vi

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:28 pm

If I understand it right, you live in Ireland with your husband who got Irish IRP under withdrawal agreement (just so you can catch me if I'm wrong).
In that case, he needs a visa - being a spouse of UK citizen alone doesn't allow him to visit UK. Residence permit is valid for Ireland only.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Article 50 TEU Issued under Article 18(4) of the withdrawal agreement Travel to UK without additional Uk stander vi

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:55 pm

UK is no longer part of the EU and therefore EU Treaty Rights no longer apply.
The Withdrawal Agreement merely preserved some rights of EU nationals if they have been living in the UK before Brexit happened. UK nationals (and any other nationals) living outside of the UK are not covered by the agreement should they need to travel back to the UK.